Franchi??? Looking at an over/under!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Franchi??? Looking at an over/under!

Anyone have one? How do you like it? What model is best for Dove hunting? TIA!

I have a couple buddies that have 410 and 12 Over Unders and they love them. Franchi Instinct SL.

Comment

They are great quality guns for the price. I have an instinct sl 20 gauge and instinct L 28.

Comment

I was thinking about the Instinct L 12 guage.

Comment

Have an instinct sl in 20. Really like it.

Comment

I’ve got an instinct in 28 gauge. I love it.

Comment

I have the Instinct 20ga with a 26" barrel, very nice shotgun.

Comment

I had the Alcione light field in 12ga. It fit me well and shot well especially for a lower dollar o/u

Comment

The Franchi and the Winchester 101 are the only two (that I am aware of) non Turkish made OU's for less than $1,500. I looked at both a few years ago and ended up getting the Winchester because I shoot left-handed and the Franchi has a "hard" right-hander cast....the Winchester is neutral.

A buddy I shoot with has a 20g Instinct and it is a nice gun. It is a lightweight gun and kicks hard but would be great for the field.
                  Last edited by mikebyrge; 08-31-2023, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I have a Instinct in a 12 gauge and I really like the gun till this weekend.I usually shoot skeet are sporting clays about once a month and never a problem.Got up to our place for dove opener and it will not fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilik2hunt View Post
                      I have a Instinct in a 12 gauge and I really like the gun till this weekend.I usually shoot skeet are sporting clays about once a month and never a problem.Got up to our place for dove opener and it will not fire.
                      Dang that sucks! hopefully it is just a firing pin?

Comment

I like mine a lot more since I deactivated the auto safety.

Comment

I thought I liked mine ( I do actually ) but this weekend missed my first four doves. Switched to my brand new never even shot it before benelli sb2 and went 5 for 5 before missing one. I have a feeling the Franchi my be retired already. Oh and I love the auto safety on the Franchi ! I really have to get used to putting the safety on every time with the benelli.
                          Last edited by critter69; 09-06-2023, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            I thought I liked mine ( I do actually ) but this weekend missed my first four doves. Switched to my brand new never even shot it before benelli sb2 and went 5 for 5 before missing one. I have a feeling the Franchi my be retired already. Oh and I love the auto safety on the Franchi ! I really have to get used to putting the safety on every time with the benelli.
                            My cousin has an SBE 2 and I love it, but was just looking for an o/u. I have a semi auto already.

Comment

For the price, I don't think you can beat a franchi.

Comment

Working...
                              X