Gun vise ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun vise ?

Im looking to get a gun vise to be able to work on my guns. What kind do y’all have or suggest? I know that Tipton makes a few models. Some of them are really cheap looking, mostly plastic. Im wondering how they will hold up.
    tia

Buy a good Parrot vise...get a couple of the angled jaws or make your own. I cut out some from aluminum & glued one with cork & the other with rubber depending if I wanted to grip the stock or barrel.

You can arrange to hold the gun vertical or horizontal...way better & more versatile than any other cradle like vise. Plus you can use it for all sorts of other crap.

Comment

I just use a regular rotating bench vise with a set of soft jaws.

Comment

Bumping up for more suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
          I just use a regular rotating bench vise with a set of soft jaws.
          Same here. Regular old bench vise with padded jaws. I have a Tipton vise but it gets in the way more than helps.

Comment

I use these in a regular 6" bench vise. I have a smaller clamp on 3" vise as well.

Comment

I use a Tipton vise for most long gun applications (cleaning, bedding, scope installs, etc.) because it is so adjustable, and use a bench vice with padded magnetic jaw when I really need to grip or clamp down on something.

Comment

What McClain said ☝

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                  I use a Tipton vise for most long gun applications (cleaning, bedding, scope installs, etc.) because it is so adjustable, and use a bench vice with padded magnetic jaw when I really need to grip or clamp down on something.
                  do you know which model yours is? There seems to be several different Tipton models.

Comment

Mine is an early model, I believe it’s called the Tipton Best Vice. Works well enough but the later models may be even better but have not had any experience with those.

Comment

Working...
                    X