Terminal Ascent Bullet Availability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminal Ascent Bullet Availability?

I want to load some of the Federal Terminal Ascent .284 bullets that are 155 grain in my 7 PRC.... does anybody know where some are available? I can't seem to find any anywhere.

They are and have been nearly non existent for at least a couple of years. I got lucky and found some pulled one for my 6.5 SAUM about a year ago. That’s probably going to be your best bet.

Comment

The performance of that bullet and the fact that it’s bonded is very appealing. But it simply can’t be found. I have no clue why.

Comment

I was talking with a federal rep at last years NRA show and he had told me long term they were planning to supply for the reloading market but with current supply conditions all bullets were going to loaded ammunition. I have never seen bullets for sale but have not looked that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
          The performance of that bullet and the fact that it’s bonded is very appealing. But it simply can’t be found. I have no clue why.
          I have looked and looked... just was trying to find a close replacement to Hornady's 175 gr ELD-X bullet... I've shot a couple of bucks with it and several pigs and the rounds have not held up. Jacket separated from the core on all the animals and didn't hold together.... that was in a slow moving 7/08 mm

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post

I have looked and looked... just was trying to find a close replacement to Hornady's 175 gr ELD-X bullet... I've shot a couple of bucks with it and several pigs and the rounds have not held up. Jacket separated from the core on all the animals and didn't hold together.... that was in a slow moving 7/08 mm
            140 or 160 grain Accubonds

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post

140 or 160 grain Accubonds
              I was shooting a very light, 150 grain Accubond in my 300 RUM and didn't like it's performance either. Maybe it was going to fast but the bullet seemed to pin hole and not provide much expansion. Almost like using a FMJ were the results I've had with it

Comment

I was shooting a very light, 150 grain Accubond in my 300 RUM and didn't like it's performance either. Maybe it was going to fast but the bullet seemed to pin hole and not provide much expansion. Almost like using a FMJ were the results I've had with it
                You were asking about .284 bullets, I've had good experiences with the Accubonds in my 280 AI. From white tail and coyotes, to cow elk.

Comment

I've seen the .284 pulled bullets on Gunbroker recently. Let me go look. If I find them I will PM you a link.

EDIT: He only has .277 available right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 08-25-2023, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I posted over on 24hr campfire to see if anyone might have some for ya. They have a super active classified section and I have used it to get my hands on two different hard to find projectiles I was looking for.

edit: if someone says they have some, how many are you trying to get your hands on?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                      I posted over on 24hr campfire to see if anyone might have some for ya. They have a super active classified section and I have used it to get my hands on two different hard to find projectiles I was looking for.

edit: if someone says they have some, how many are you trying to get your hands on?
                      I really appreciate it. And I'm at the mercy of whatever they have. Would like to get a box of 100 if they're out there.

Comment

No luck on 24hr campfire.

Apparently american reloading dropped some today and they were quickly sold out. You can get email alerts if they come back around. They are pulled projectiles though if that matters to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                          No luck on 24hr campfire.

Apparently american reloading dropped some today and they were quickly sold out. You can get email alerts if they come back around. They are pulled projectiles though if that matters to you.

https://americanreloading.com/produc...-pulled-250ct/
                          Man I appreciate the heads up. I signed up for their notifications so maybe one of these days they'll have them in stock again.

Comment

Working...
                          X