Mini .22 suppressor suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini .22 suppressor suggestions

Anybody have a suggestion for a short .22 suppressor to put on a Ruger 22/45 that's been cut down to 3.1"? Trying to keep it close to the 5-6" total barrel length.with can on to fit my holster. But if it ends up around 7" total that would be ok as well.

Also anyone know if a 3" barrel will keep all ammo subsonic? Or will I still need to run subs to stay subsonic?

My Mk4 22/45 is the factory 4.4” barrel and any ammo I’ve put through it so far has stayed subsonic. I’m sure the really fast stuff would go super, but any regular “high velocity” in the 1200fps range has stayed sub.

A dead air mask is is arguably the best 22 can out there, I love mine. But it’s 5” and would put you over what you are wanting. The Q Erector would be a solid option. Shortest setup is around 2” I think and 7” is the longest, gives you the most customizable setup. The bowers bitty is 2.8” but you are stuck with that.

I would research the Erector if I was in your shoes.

Comment

Dead Air Mask hands down. Was the quitest thru my Ruger MRK IV, Browning Buckmark and Ruger 10/22.

Compared to the Banish, Switchback and
      Sparrow. The Mask won my selection.

Comment

I doubt you’ll be happy with anything super short. I’d just put a mask on it.

That barrel’s plenty short to run standard velocity ammo subsonic.

Comment

I should add I have a sparrow already this is going to be dedicated to this gun and honestly probably never going to come off. And I plan on getting another .22 can to pop on my .22 rifles and the kids rifles and leave the sparrow on my .17hmr full time.

I am not looking for Hollywood quiet I have that already I am looking for short and handy but not ring your ears when giving the coup de grace to pigs or coyotes or when running traps.

Comment

Q Erector will do what you want. I have one and love it but fun it in the full configuration for optimal suppression. It is modular so you can make it as short or long as you want. In my opinion with that short of a barrel and can it won’t be that quiet.

Comment

I have a Rugged Oculus which can be used in the long or short configuration. I really like it. In long configuration it's as quiet as you'd want it to be. I've only shot it in the short configuration on an 8" barrel, but was surprised at how well it worked.

I think the Oculus and Mask are the best .22 cans out there

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                I should add I have a sparrow already this is going to be dedicated to this gun and honestly probably never going to come off. And I plan on getting another .22 can to pop on my .22 rifles and the kids rifles and leave the sparrow on my .17hmr full time.

I am not looking for Hollywood quiet I have that already I am looking for short and handy but not ring your ears when giving the coup de grace to pigs or coyotes or when running traps.

In that case, go ahead and get the Oculus (or Mustang if you are only going to run .22LR). You can just leave them in the short configuration, and if the need for another "Hollywood quiet" can ever arises you can just change it to the normal configuration.

Comment

I have a dead air mask and it is great. I have not shot many other .22 cans though and bought it to shoot off a .17 WSM so I had limited options. Like others have said though it would be a bit longer than you want and is not modular.

Comment

Looks like that mustang will be about perfect for what I am looking for and price is right as well. Can just keep the extension with it in the bag it will be kept in so I have it handy.

Comment

My buddy has the silencerco switchback. Check that one out.

Comment

Another vote for the Oculus or Mustang here! Both are great cans and a great company.

Comment

Working...
                        X