.338 Win mag ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.338 Win mag ammo

I bought ammo for mine before ammo went really nuts. I feed mine with Hornady 225 grain SST’s. It seems that this great cartridge is slowly going away which I think is a shame. The availability of ammo once was so plentiful and somewhat affordable. Easier and cheaper to find and shoot .338 Lapua than Winchester Magnum.
    I have shot a few deer with mine. I have shot Indiana and Texas deer. Some would think it would excessively kill a deer. I eat just as much from a deer shot with a 6.5 Creedmoor as I do with one hit with the .338 Win Mag. Pretty confident that it can do the job on any animal that would ever step in front of me. Even if they are quartering towards or away from me.
    I really wish some manufacturers would start loading this in good numbers so the price isn’t crazy. I saw a box of Remington Green box for over $100. Mine was purchased in the $30’s not that many years ago.
    We need to save the .338 Win Mag!

My 338 WSM custom kills stuff and you don't have to wait for that perfect shot. 200gr Accubonds and BST's at over 3200 fps drops them DRT. .338 is my go to favorite. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210714_145246.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	26553796

Comment

I need to get dies

Comment

Working...
      X