Sig pistol no safety....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig pistol no safety....

Step daughter went with boyfriend to Scheels and bought a 9mm handgun. She brought home showed it to me and I of course immediately made sure it was cleared and then to my shock all you have to do is pull the very light trigger for it to fire, no grip safety, thumb safety, nothing........I would be scared to death to carry a round in the chamber. I'm not talking like a double action revolver trigger pull this thing is light pull.....She's 23 and has shot guns with me but not handguns, mine are .45's hers 9mm and only 9mm we have is Beretta which has a safety but she's never touched it. I told my wife I can't believe they would even put out anything like that, my 1911's have both grip and thumb safety and my Springfield XDM has a grip safety and trigger "safety" which at factory was heavy pull but had new springs dropped in for lighter pull and Beretta 92 has thumb safety. Quick look up and lot's of accidental discharges with model she got, boyfriend knows zero about guns either but "he" told her it was a good one........to say she is difficult would be an understatement so telling her it was a bad buy is out the window..........I told her to never carry one in the chamber and we will work on sliding one into the chamber but that pretty much negates the whole premise of having a pistol ready for use........I looked at the number on it but was to baffled by it to pay much attention. I never liked carrying 1911 with hammer back and it has 2 safeties and this thing has zero and if round in chamber it's cocked and ready to fire....no way in the world had I been with her would I have let her select this pistol but hey, what would I know only been around guns my whole life....

None of my concealed carry pistols have safeties, never have had an accidental discharge. Most people under duress can't properly work a safety, hence the huge market for strike fire pistols. HK VP9 sk, Sig p365, Glock 43x, just to name a few.

Comment

what model?? It should not have a 'very light trigger' from the factory.

Comment

I would never own an EDC with a safety (minus a Glock). I’ve only been around guns since about 7 or 8 years old though.
        Last edited by Greenheadless; 08-05-2023, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          what model?? It should not have a 'very light trigger' from the factory.
          Does it have a Decock lever? Decocking would result in a heavier trigger pull. I carry with one in the chamber and have a sig with no safety. But I always decock.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
            None of my concealed carry pistols have safeties, never have had an accidental discharge. Most people under duress can't properly work a safety, hence the huge market for strike fire pistols. HK VP9 sk, Sig p365, Glock 43x, just to name a few.
            This. I'm not a fan of safeties on defense carry guns, stakes are too high with split seconds being the difference between life or death. Don't even bother carrying it if it's not chambered, you're just providing a weapon to the bad guys most likely.

Comment

Sig P320 is likely the model you’re referring to.

I don’t know much about the issue. But I am of the opinion a true “accidental” discharge is very rare. Lots of striker fired pistols have built in trigger safety’s. No manual safety on the side. I prefer mine that way. Don’t pull the trigger. Gun won’t fire.

Maybe someone knows more on this particular issue with this pistol. I’d sure like to hear it as I have interest in that gun.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

I don’t know much about the issue. But I am of the opinion a true “accidental” discharge is very rare. Lots of striker fired pistols have built in trigger safety’s. No manual safety on the side. I prefer mine that way. Don’t pull the trigger. Gun won’t
                Yep.

I’ve been carrying Glock exclusively for years.

While it doesn’t have an actual safety lever like my USPc 45, it’s not going to fire unless your finger is on the trigger.

It’s really more about familiarity with what you’re carrying than anything else.

Comment

Welcome to 1986…..

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Sig P320 is likely the model you’re referring to.

I don’t know much about the issue. But I am of the opinion a true “accidental” discharge is very rare. Lots of striker fired pistols have built in trigger safety’s. No manual safety on the side. I prefer mine that way. Don’t pull the trigger. Gun won’t fire.

Maybe someone knows more on this particular issue with this pistol. I’d sure like to hear it as I have interest in that gun.
                    probably p365. Its his daughter, 320 carry or full is a big frame for most women for a CC gun.

OP its a DA only gun. Sounds like you are use
                    DA/SA guns.

Comment

I carry a sig with no safety and one in the chamber daily. I've never had an accidental discharge yet.
                      I don't know much about concealed carry for girls, but I'd suggest her carry in a kydex holster and not just loose in her purse.

Comment

P365 here! One chambered , no safety other than my brain and my finger. I wouldn’t say the trigger was heavy but it isn’t light by any means.

Comment

None of mine that are for self defense have safeties. Bought my wife (non shooter) a 38 SW Bodyguard. She hasn't ever accidentally discharged it.

Comment

Whatever you feel comfortable with but there is nothing unsafe about them. Trigger discipline should be practiced regardless. I carry a “no safety” with one in the chamber and was trained to do so. In fact training included pulling the slack out of the trigger on the pull. If I am in a violent situation I want to be able to dispense a round in 0.00000000000001 seconds. Truth is if a perp runs up on you with a weapon and you have to pull, work a safety, and or chamber a round you are gonna lose that battle.

Comment

If she carrying for self defense she is better off without a safety. Just make sure she keeps it in a holster that covers the trigger. If she wants to carry in her purse they make holsters that can be tied off in the purse so she can draw the pistol without bringing out the whole holster. Make her enroll in a good course and they will teach her how to safely carry it and show her several ways to carry.

Comment

Working...
                              X