Berger VLD bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berger VLD bullets?

Looking to develop a different load for my 308, does anyone have experience with the Berger VLD bullets? Also, I will be limited on overall case length due to my magazine would this be an issue with these bullets?

What bullet weight you looking at ? In my.308 I get best accuracy with 175 Sierra Match King and seated to .015 off the lands they barely fit the magazine. Savage LRP rifle.

Comment

All bullets have multiple depths where they will shoot. My factory Remington 700 .308 had .215 jump to the lands and would still shoot 1/2” or better.

Comment

Probably the 168 VLD hunting bullet but was also kicking around the 155 also. Currently I am getting same POI and 0.5 inch 5 shot groups with 168 Matchkings and 165 Gamekings, I just haven't cared for the terminal performance of the Gamekings which is odd because out of my 270 the 130 Gamekings are flat out deadly. I have switched to the Gamechangers in the 165 .308 and the terminal performance is awesome although not quite as accurate. The Gamechangers in 308 are hard to come by so I was looking for an alternative and the Berger VLD hunting bullets looked intriguing.

Comment

Been shooting 185’s out of the 300 sendero. Just off the lands- I don’t have any magazine issues. But it’s a long pill.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Berger Hybrid myself. It has a slightly larger hollow point which theoretically aids in low velocity expansion and is very forgiving to seating depth. Not that Bergers need much help with impact velocity.

I'd look at the 155 and 168 Hybrids and start at .020 off the lands for charge weight testing then if needed test seating depth. They've all ran real close to .020 off for me.

Comment

Working...
            X