Horizon and Hornady partnering on 22 Creed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizon and Hornady partnering on 22 Creed

Saw this podcast where Hornady and Horizon are working together to get the 22 Creed SAAMI approved. Also rolling out some new ammunition with the ELDX joining the lineup.

I recently jumped on the bandwagon and killed an axis doe with it this weekend. Shot her at 200 yards with 80gr ELDM....went maybe 50 yards and insides were jelly.

The time has come! First heard from On The Horizon podcast, Seth Swerczek and Jadyn Quinlan from Hornady announce that the 22 Creedmoor is becoming a SAAMI-a...

I’ve stacked lots of critters with an 80 ELDM out of my 22 Creed. May spin another one up for one of my Impacts if Hornady is getting on board, and going to have decent speed. If it’s neutered down I’ll probably have to pass.

Comment

Thinking about buying the new Horizon Vandal 22 creed for predator hunting. It seems hard to beat for that quality of gun with a short barrel and suppressor ready. Does anyone have an experience with it on fox, cats, or yotes?

Comment

That's pretty exciting! 75/80gr ELDM factory ammo will sell like hotcakes.

Comment

Sweet! Can’t wait to see how it performs outta my rifle. It’s currently dialed in to 80.5gr fullbores. Only downside is you won’t really be able to walk into your local gs and buy the ammo. It’s exclusive to horizon so you will always buy the ammo through them. I bet it will always be out of stock.
          Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 08-02-2023, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
            Sweet! Can’t wait to see how it performs outta my rifle. It’s currently dialed in to 80.5gr fullbores. Only downside is you won’t really be able to walk into your local gs and buy the ammo. It’s exclusive to horizon so you will always buy the ammo through them. I bet it will always be out of stock.
            My understanding is these type deal are only for X years or a set round count. Then it will be public.

Comment

Working...
            X