If you hang your weapons, how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you hang your weapons, how?

I'm tired of having guns leaning in every corner of the house. All the gun racks I see are built for rifle to lay level on. Does anyone make a simple single rack where a gun (shotgun in this case) can go on the wall at a 45 degree angle or so?
    How do you hang your guns in your house?

If I put it up level I'd want it too high so the wife wouldn't be able to grab it easy enough.

Tactical Walls is what I went with.

Comment

What the.......
      Last edited by okrattler; 08-02-2023, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.....this website is frickin jacked up. Post once and get the same thing multiple times then it's not even in the right order. I don't get it.
        Last edited by okrattler; 08-02-2023, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I just lean mine in the corner and have a few laying on the kitchen table at times or wherever. I like your thinking though. Gotta get those guns high up enough your lady can't get ****** and kill you on a whim. Good thinkin.

Comment

Maybe you should have never showed her how to load it and shoot it.

Comment

I want her to have easy access. If I hang it level on standard single hooks it will always be aiming at head height. I don't like looking down the barrel of a loaded shotgun every time I walk into garage. I could just build what I'm thinking but I'd rather it look nice. Instead of two "hooks" it would be one hook for up top then down lower would be a right angled box for gun butt to sit in.

Comment

This is a real dilemma for millions of Americans. All over our great Nation guns are either put in the corner, hidden in a gun safe, or Heaven forbid, sitting level in a gun rack on the wall. This madness must stop. I pray you find a solution to this nationwide issue RR1.

Best of luck in your search for a cure.

Comment

Everything else besides my carry pistol and wife’s carry pistol goes in the safe. This is the closet next to my side of the bed. Carry pistol is either on my person or on my nightstand when sleeping. I’d rather grab this if time allows though. Can also run a cable lock through the hooks. Obviously not going to stop a determined criminal, but it should keep little hands from playing with it besides the height aspect of it as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here’s an idea

Comment

Sorry if I hurt someone's feelings just for asking if anyone hangs their gun at a 45 degree angle...but thanks for the prayers.

I'll figure it out and post a picture

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Sorry if I hurt someone's feelings just for asking if anyone hangs their gun at a 45 degree angle...but thanks for the prayers.

I'll figure it out and post a picture

haha no feelings hurt, just having fun. Looking forward to pics.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          I just lean mine in the corner and have a few laying on the kitchen table at times or wherever. I like your thinking though. Gotta get those guns high up enough your lady can't get ****** and kill you on a whim. Good thinkin.
                          RR
                          I would think the tactical wall stuff would be the answer. Not economical by no means but there are lots to chose from.

Op apologies ahead of time for my comments below.
                          OKrattler,
                          Maybe a person should treat their partner in a manner she doesn’t want to shoot said person. Now that general statement of women are etc etc is a BS statement that you throw out on occasion. You definitely have issues with women in general from your posts from time to time on being so knowledgeable of said gender.

Comment

Only guns going up are just that...wall hangers for look'n at.

I have found this lazy susan gun rack invaluable when retrieving that one gun that happens to be in the back of the safe....they likely have options that will work for you.

Quality rotary gun racks used to store rifles, rifles with scopes and shot guns on a rotating gun rack for easy access. Quality pistol racks include single level pistol racks and double level pistol racks for the sportsman, gun collector and dealer

Comment

Here ya go Rat, but you would have to lay some brick. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3586.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	26547700

Comment

Working...
                              X