Poll: Favorite all around cartridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Favorite all around cartridge

Here’s a poll of 10 cartridges that you if could only have one rifle, what would it be? I realize there will be will be a favorite not listed, but of the choices……?
    .223/.556
    5.73%
    21.88%
    30-06
    23.96%
    300 Win Mag
    10.42%
    22-250
    3.13%
    4.69%
    11.46%
    25-06
    5.73%
    6.5 Creedmoor
    4.17%
    7mm Mag
    8.85%

You’ll never guess how I voted

Comment

“If you could only have one…”?

I think you might be talking to the wrong crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        “If you could only have one…”?

I think you might be talking to the wrong crowd.
        You really can’t argue with that boys and girls.

Comment

Had to vote for my second favorite.

Comment

None of the above.

Comment

My favorite caliber isn't on the list. 7mm-08. However, I choose 100gr Broadheads 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

You really can’t argue with that boys and girls.
                Cause, arguing with a woman won't get you anywhere.

She is right, though.

Comment

I don’t really like the “one gun” debate because I love guns so I want one or more for every scenario

Comment

The .308 and 30-06 are tied the moment, interesting…..

Comment

My favorite, 6.5 X 55, wasn't listed so I stuck with my second favorite. The 7 Mag.

Comment

I voted 30-06 because if you want to kill almost every animal in North America (maybe not brown bear), without getting your shoulder blown off, the 30-06 is your cartridge.

Comment

I've always been impressed with the 7mm-08. It's done everything I've asked for it and I haven't felt under (or hell for that matter) over gunned.

And, the odd thing is I've tried to find something that does that fills a niche that is all in my head. If I ever order a super high end custom...will probably go 7mm-08 (unless the niche things enters my head and then I'd probably go 7saum)

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            My favorite caliber isn't on the list. 7mm-08. However, I choose 100gr Broadheads 99% of the time.
                            I could live with a 7-08 forever, I had a very accurate Savage in that caliber that I used for several years. Yet……when I had my one and only APR TBH rifle built, I had it chambered in .280 Rem. Old school I guess, and I never shot anything bigger than a 100 grain head.

Comment

A couple of years I went down to 2 rifles (one for game and one for practice). I had a 7-08 shooting 162 Eldx and a 223 for practice. The 7-08 is still my go to rifle in most case but somehow my rifle collection grew back to 6 different cartridges. It is like they spawn. Of those the 7-08, 6.5 creedmoor and 6.5 prc do the same thing 600 and in. If I had to choose just 1 it would be the 6.5 creedmoor. I have noticed that Tikka is making an 8 twist .243. That might be hard to beat, I am thinking 103 or 108 gr hornady.

Comment

Working...
                              X