No announcement yet.

Radical AR15 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to test out one of the 6.5grendel. It was shooting 1" group no issues at 50yds with 123g sst but the last round three different time did not feed into chamber and bolt dented the shoulder of the
    brass. What yall recommend. No can on the gun doing test but will be adding can later and know that'll create more pressure and maybe fix the issue. Am I thinking right on that?

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
      Got to test out one of the 6.5grendel. It was shooting 1" group no issues at 50yds with 123g sst but the last round three different time did not feed into chamber and bolt dented the shoulder of the
      brass. What yall recommend. No can on the gun doing test but will be adding can later and know that'll create more pressure and maybe fix the issue. Am I thinking right on that?
      I'd try another magazine first.

Comment

My 556’s glitch was / is the trigger.
        It is locking up when slammed back after first fire and can be duplicated by using your finger to latch the hammer back.
        there is some sort of secondary click when holding the trigger back and releasing the hammer that keeps the hammer from moving forward. Ill fix this with a different trigger.
        I swapped lowers and the upper runs just fine. Also ran fine gaswise when using a Nomad 30- pretty darn quiet - no adjustable gas block necessary on this one.
        One fella at the range asked what can it was and commented on how quiet the combo was.

The Grendel dialed in with an adjustable gas block when running suppressed- mostly closed as I figured it would wind up. Accuracy is still impressive on both.

As far as length being shorter- I didn’t notice but suppose it could be. I added an extended foam pad to one of my AR’s to get the lop right on it and didn’t feel the need on these two.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post

Last round only sounds spring in magazine related.
          I remember in the 6.8 world the feed lips on the magazine would need to sometimes be tweaked open a smidge to get them to feed proper (different caliber, different shaped bullet though) .

When Timing the gas block- having the bolt lock back on the last round is one of the steps to finding the proper amount of gas- I bet yours will tune in when you get to that step.

Comment

I have one of these showing up any day in 7.62x39mm. I've ordered enhanced firing pin and stronger spring. Anything else to consider?

Make suggestions on optics. Looking at Leupold or Primary Arms LPVO currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              I have one of these showing up any day in 7.62x39mm. I've ordered enhanced firing pin and stronger spring. Anything else to consider?

Make suggestions on optics. Looking at Leupold or Primary Arms LPVO currently.
              I bought the exact same rifle, have had zero issues, and really enjoy shooting it. I bought the enhanced spring and pin as well but have not had any reason to put them in so far. I've run Federal and PPU without issue. I'd recommend a QD mount to be able to swap to a thermal if you have any desire to do so. I have QD mounts on my thermal, night vision, and Leupold scope and have been pleasantly surprised of the accuracy it maintains upon removing and re-attaching them all. But I'm shooting pigs at typical ranges of 50 - 150 yards and that makes for a sizable target.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post

I bought the exact same rifle, have had zero issues, and really enjoy shooting it. I bought the enhanced spring and pin as well but have not had any reason to put them in so far. I've run Federal and PPU without issue. I'd recommend a QD mount to be able to swap to a thermal if you have any desire to do so. I have QD mounts on my thermal, night vision, and Leupold scope and have been pleasantly surprised of the accuracy it maintains upon removing and re-attaching them all. But I'm shooting pigs at typical ranges of 50 - 150 yards and that makes for a sizable target.
                I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4x20mm scope. The QD mounts kill me on price. Vortex for $300 or highly rated/reviewed off brands for $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

I'm leaning towards the Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4x20mm scope. The QD mounts kill me on price. Vortex for $300 or highly rated/reviewed off brands for $40.
                  I hear you. For what it's worth, I've been happy with the Burris for $110.

Comment

I have a RA upper I swap out on my homemade Anderson lower with a Grendel upper. I have had no problems with either caliber.

Comment

I’ve sold probably 10 of these in 5.56 and a few in 300BO. I don’t have any experience in the other calibers.

I’m an FFL/SOT so I would never recommend a gun or suppressor to someone that I wouldn’t buy. I kept one for myself as well. It’s light and feels good in the hand. I recommend this specific gun (RPR model) to anyone who asks about one. It comes with B5 stock and grip with smaller rail which I prefer. They make a great product, built here in Texas, and great customer support from reason forums online.

it is often difficult to find them in stock at wholesale but when I do I buy 5 at a time. I usually can beat the final price of online stores when you add in cost, tax, and transfer fee.

Comment

Working...
                      X