Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
    Been lurking on this thread for a while, and never posted. Have concerns about posting on the web, but cant resist any longer. Here are some of my "black" rifles.
    Yeah, Im not big on talking about anything I have for the same reason. But brother Im glad you posted those, Saweeet! I love how you leaned them on your monster safe, that sucker will take the wind out of a theif's sails.

Comment

Thanks, Chad! Googling now......

Comment

Accurizing wedge, and sling on order!

"there are many like it, but this one is mine!"

Comment

I would like to hear how the "Accurizing Wedge" works after you use it please ! I googled it and everyone was sold out , where did you find it ?

Comment

My nonmodified cool yote blastin' AR

243 Win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marceco View Post
              I would like to hear how the "Accurizing Wedge" works after you use it please ! I googled it and everyone was sold out , where did you find it ?
              Look at post #899. I posted a link to where to order one. It's only a $5 part though. You would probably be better off trying to find one locally.

Comment

Nice Rifle and Group !

Comment

Thanks Mike , did you use the tension pen as well ?

Comment

Ordered mine from DPMS.

Comment

I put wedges in every gun whether it has slop or not. Though I will say I don't have much slop with my Spikes, LMT, and Larue guns. Bushmaster and lower have tons of slop.

Forearms for less than 200. Search the AR15 equipment exchange and get a KAC Ras 2 piece rail system. This is the system our troops use and a used in new condition can be bought for 100-150 on a good day. Just shop frequent. You'll find above average parts for a steal. All of my rails came second hand off there and all of them look new.

Sweet Kimber by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by marceco View Post
                        Thanks Mike , did you use the tension pen as well ?
                        No, it's just another, albiet more expensive way of accomplishing the same thing. I have read mixed reviews n using the Accuwedge. Some say in heavy use, that the Accuwedge eventually starts tearing apart and can clog up the trigger group causing the rifle not to function. I don't know what is considered heavy shooting though. That being said, I use one in my 6.5 Grendel and haven't had any issues so far.

Comment

Guy’s, I would like to ask a beginners question. I know nothing about AR’S except that I want one. I plan to buy one and put a 9x40 Leupold on it and leave the gun all stock. Since I am leaving the gun stock, which brand would be best out of the box? The names that I am familiar with are Colt, Rock River, Bushmaster, DPMS, Smith & Wesson’s M&P 15, and Remington R 15. Thanks for the advice, and if you don’t want to post the brand just PM me it. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by peacockoutdoors View Post
                            Guy’s, I would like to ask a beginners question. I know nothing about AR’S except that I want one. I plan to buy one and put a 9x40 Leupold on it and leave the gun all stock. Since I am leaving the gun stock, which brand would be best out of the box? The names that I am familiar with are Colt, Rock River, Bushmaster, DPMS, Smith & Wesson’s M&P 15, and Remington R 15. Thanks for the advice, and if you don’t want to post the brand just PM me it. Thanks
                            I'm guessing 1000 bucks or less?

LMT, Spike's, BCM, CMMG, Rock River, Stag.

In that order.

Don't buy a S&W. It is complete junk. It is no where close to Milspec. Bushmaster and DPMS is for Academy and high volume sales and are behind on twist rates, new technology, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                              I'm guessing 1000 bucks or less?

LMT, Spike's, BCM, CMMG, Rock River, Stag.

In that order.

Don't buy a S&W. It is complete junk. It is no where close to Milspec. Bushmaster and DPMS is for Academy and high volume sales and are behind on twist rates, new technology, etc.
                              Don't listen to Travis, he's just an AR snob.

My DPMS 308 shoots 1/4" groups when I do my part and Texag93 has post on here that his DPMS 243 shot that is a shot cloverleaf.

DPMS guns will shoot better than most shooters can.

Comment

DPMS AR10's aren't the same thing!!!!

The DPMS AR10 family are decent guns. I'd say mid range easily.

Their AR's are nothing special. Their Sportical is an abomination!

Snobs shoot Noveske, Larue, KAC, POF, and Colt only!

I'm more practical!

I'm a LMT, Spike's guy personally!

Comment

Working...
                                X