Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tilladaddy View Post
    That is going to be one bad A shooter.
    That is just the tip of the ice berg. I'll post stats when it's all done.

Comment

Still have the AR Fever. What is the best AR for the price in your opinion? Spikes? As someone who isn't well versed in the field, I start looking and there are so many brands in the "starter rifle" range I don't know where to start. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty06 View Post
        Still have the AR Fever. What is the best AR for the price in your opinion? Spikes? As someone who isn't well versed in the field, I start looking and there are so many brands in the "starter rifle" range I don't know where to start. Any ideas would be appreciated.

mesquiteboy will tell you Spikes but BCM makes the best battle AR for the $$$$

How much can you budget??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

ditto

Comment

Here's what brown did for me today. 3lb Skeleton.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	timneyar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	23943941

Finally complete. Not sure if I like that much coverage from the rail yet.

Name:	spikesar1.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	23943945

Name:	spikesar2.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	23943942

Name:	spikesar3.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	23943943
            Haven't played enough with the redi-mag to know if I like it yet but I like the idea of packing 60 rounds on the unit.

Name:	spikesar4.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	23943944

Comment

Hows this??

BCM Blem Lower with stock $270
              BCM Upper: $385
              BCM BCG: $139
              GI Charging Handle: $20
              GI M4 HG's $22

Total: $836

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

BCM is good stuff I'd actually put LMT on top, Spike's and BCM are close. I just get really good discounts at Spike's!

Plus Spike's has probably the best customer service out of anyone!

A spikes LE model will run you 799, an upgrade to a Cold Hammer Forged barrel will run you a little over 900.

BCM, Spike's, LMT are at the top of the heap under 1K.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                  Here's what brown did for me today. 3lb Skeleton.
                  [ATTACH]179121[/ATTACH]

Finally complete. Not sure if I like that much coverage from the rail yet.
                  [ATTACH]179125[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]179122[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]179123[/ATTACH]
                  Haven't played enough with the redi-mag to know if I like it yet but I like the idea of packing 60 rounds on the unit.
                  [ATTACH]179124[/ATTACH]
                  Sweet gun Slacker! Just way too much rail for me!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                    Sweet gun Slacker! Just way too much rail for me!
                    Yeah I'm not real sure about it myself. When I set out to "assemble" an ar I wanted maximum rail. I'll see if it grows on me if not I'll go with a 10-12".

Comment

Yeah I'm not real sure about it myself. When I set out to "assemble" an ar I wanted maximum rail. I'll see if it grows on me if not I'll go with a 10-12".
                      That's how I started, then I realized all I was doing was adding a lot of weight.

Comment

Well Im gonna have to take a look at BCM as well as Spikes now.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                          That's how I started, then I realized all I was doing was adding a lot of weight.
                          yup...she's a little weighty.

Comment

Well, I ordered a 10.5" Noveske 300 Whisper barrel today.

Guess I needs to send another $200 to the guberment.

Comment

I just don't like the way rails feel. In the last couple months I've put the JP Enterprise's hand guards on two of my AR's and really like them. They're smooth with slots on them so you can put rail "strips" just where you want them. Lightweight and feel much better to hold while shooting in my opinion. Down side is they are expensive to begin with and you have to buy the rail "strips" separately.

Comment

Hey guys, joining the AR club here in a few days when I pay off the balance on my new LMT CQB Defender. I would like to put an optic that I can still use out to 100-150 yards but still use as a fast acquisition sight. I was thinking trijicon accupoint 1.5x4, or one of their Relflex sights. Anyone have any experience with these? Recommendations? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X