Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Yeah, I went on his site and poked around after I asked the question. He has some pretty good prices. Did yours come with the J-lock? Mine did not. How long did it take him to do your bolt work?

I'm still throwing around stock options. I was going to go with the B&C Medalist AA5 adjustable but after reading how heavy they are and handling a rifle with one at Cabelas of all places, I thing I'm going to go with the A2 like you did. Stocky's is out of stock in all but basic black. I found a couple, but now an trying to decide whether to get black or tan web. My DMPS 308 has all tan furniture.

Did you ever get your stock in?

Meh, I'm not highly interested in full auto yet. Ammo still costs too dang much.
    Ammo is cheap again! I'm fixing to buy, alot!

That B&C A2 is light, light I tell you! I really like it, just waiting to finish everything up. Plus I can put a stock pack on it. I went with tan with black web. Pretty pumped about it to be honest! Mine did have a POS jlock in it. That's why I changed it out. My spring was ugly contorted. Looked like Shakira in a dance I tell you! Shipped and returned was about a week and a half. He works quickly. He runs specials on the hide from time to time and you can get a cerakote and knob for around 65-75 depending on the special.

Comment

hmmm...this one needs a sammich.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
        Need a 1" PEPR mount gents, and i can't find any. help!
        I've been looking for one too.

All I've been able to find are 30mm.

Comment

We need specs PAUL!

Comment

AHHH just found one, added to their website 6-22-10.

SWFA is an optics manufacturing specializing in rifle scopes built for tactical, hunting, and long range shooting known for quality and precision optics.

Comment

backordered ferg. talked to them friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                backordered ferg. talked to them friday.
                It says it was added today and I just ordered one and it never said anything about backorder, might wanna try.

Comment

don't know anything about this company but it says they are in stock as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                    We need specs PAUL!

it will eventually be another 12.5 sbr build...specs are up in the air on the rest but this is one of the new Daniel Defense liteweight carbine chf tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                      It says it was added today and I just ordered one and it never said anything about backorder, might wanna try.
                      from a fresh email sent this morning

From: Stephanie Price [mailto:Stephanie@swfa.com] On Behalf Of SWFA
                      Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:50 AM
                      To: Huffman, Tommy
                      Subject: RE: in strock item?

Sorry we do not at this time. They are on back order and we currently do not have an eta.

Thank you,

Stephanie Price
                      SWFA Outdoors
                      420 Century Way #100
                      Red Oak, Tx 75154
                      (972)617-7056
                      (972)617-1647 fax
                      stephanie@swfa.com
                      www.swfa.com / www.samplelist.com /www.opticstalk.com
                      primary arms is backordered as well, but SHOULD be in tomorrow.

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:18 AM
                      To: Huffman, Tommy
                      Subject: RE: Contact Us Requested

Hi Tommy

I just checked and Scott (my purchasing guy) has tracking info for a order that arrives tomorrow. We don't normally put items in inventory ahead of tme but he had several customer that wanted to go ahead and order to be sure they got one. You are welcome to do the same.

He only put the qty that are arriving into the system, so if we show in stock there are some left.

Thanks

Marshall
                      this tells me they are taking backorders on an item they may or may not be really getting in. it's a hot item, so i am going to get a b-square for now, and get a Burris later.
                      Last edited by Tommyh; 06-23-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Ammo is cheap again! I'm fixing to buy, alot!

That B&C A2 is light, light I tell you! I really like it, just waiting to finish everything up. Plus I can put a stock pack on it. I went with tan with black web. Pretty pumped about it to be honest! Mine did have a POS jlock in it. That's why I changed it out. My spring was ugly contorted. Looked like Shakira in a dance I tell you! Shipped and returned was about a week and a half. He works quickly. He runs specials on the hide from time to time and you can get a cerakote and knob for around 65-75 depending on the special.
                        Still not cheap enough for FA for me though. You can burn through a LOT of ammo in a hurry in short order with FA.

I just really don't like the stock packs. To me they take away from the looks of the rifle. I'd like to have a McMillan M24 stock but they are PRICEY! I sure do like the adjustability of the PRS stock that is on my DMPS 308. I just don't want this rifle to turn into a bench queen.

That is really strange n the J lock. Are you sure you bought the SPS Tactical and not the Varmint? I was told the Tactical models do not come with the J-Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          That is really strange n the J lock. Are you sure you bought the SPS Tactical and not the Varmint? I was told the Tactical models do not come with the J-Lock.
                          it was my understanding the j-lock is obsolete...not being used on any new models??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            it was my understanding the j-lock is obsolete...not being used on any new models??
                            Not sure, but I can find out.

I gots connections.

Comment

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

My gun must have been old stock, find out for me! The hogue is the tac model correct?

Comment

My gun must have been old stock, find out for me! The hogue is the tac model correct?
                                I'm not sure the SPS Tactical is the only one with the Hogue stock. How long is your barrel?

I already have an email in to my Remington contact.

My tan A2 should be here Friday.

Which knob from AZ Precision did you go with on yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X