Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who still think the AR platform sucks:

The AR-15/M-15 series of rifles seem to have some support from those who run in the dirt conducting Special Operations for the Military.

When they can choose basically whatever rifle they want, they seem to basically all stay with the AR platform.

There are rifles that do some things better and there always will be.

The AR just keeps on chugging along with slight modifications now and then since the 1960's. I might add.

Comment

Is it just me or are y'all not impressed with the ever evolving push to update rails?

Who is ready for some major innovation for the AR platform or bullpup platform that is practical and cost effective?

Comment

What about this gas block? Any experience with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
          What about this gas block? Any experience with this one?

Vltor makes a great quality product, they have that exact gas block with flip up sight that uses taper pins instead of clamps

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
            It's a 4X magnification. No matter where I move the scope on rail, or what power the scope is on it is blocked by the fsr.
            It should beyond the focal plane at anything higher than 3x like ecoboost said.

It should co-witness with your reticle at 1-2x which is not a bad thing.

If it just bothers you I would just change it out to a lo-pro gas block rather than shaving it down.

Comment

Originally posted by tradrook View Post
              http://www.cabelas.com/product/Advan...dsPerPage%3D18

Any experience with this type of set up?
              I was told to stay away from ati products. Not sure why but it was from someone I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
                I was told to stay away from ati products. Not sure why but it was from someone I trust.
                The price made me alittle leery, seems kinda cheap but im new to the whole AR game

Comment

Go shop ar15.com classifieds for a better rail system.

Comment

How is Midwest industries, for a rail system?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      Midwest makes some good stuff IMO. Ive heard great reviews. The idea of being able to put rails where you want and slim it down where you want were a big selling point for me, plus they I like the look. I picked up the 12in ssk for Wifa's build. I'm impressed

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        I've got one of their pencil profile rails and love it

Comment

I'll play. Smith&Wesson M&P sport. I added the YHM free float rail Magpul stuff and a Nikon P223 3-9x40. Shoots 1/2 groups at 100 yards with Hornady 55 grain V-max over 25 grains of Varget. So far 3 pigs and 4
                          Javelinas. Gonna start a 300 black out build here soon and will keep y'all updated.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                            Is it just me or are y'all not impressed with the ever evolving push to update rails?
                            THIS! New rail systems seemed to be the big thing at the SHOT Show this year. Every booth I went in seemed to want to push their "new improved" rail system on me. Keymods were the biggest thing but I saw companies pushing low riser rails, high riser rails, smooth riser, partial rail and 2-3 new designs that barely had any accessories that fit them yet. It was rail overload.lol

Comment

I've talked about these before. But never took a pic. Knipex plier wrench works wonders on roll pins. No beating needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X