Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard Carbine gas ports are 0.062"

The trick is, buy a good barrel and make the gun work without changing the gas port size from what the manufacture did. If you having problems, change buffer weight, buffer spring weight, ejector spring strength, etc, but don't widen the gas port, if you suspect you have a gas port that is to wide, buy a adjustable gas block.
    Last edited by Maddox; 05-21-2010, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Alright, I'm getting close on an upper here. What do you boys think about the BCM "standard" uppers? Quality stuff, or should I wait for something else?

Found the one I want......credit card is getting warm....

Dale, you simply cannot go wrong with BCM...sure, their BFH tubes are nicer but I doubt most us mortals could tell the difference. You can't go wrong with the standard.

Comment

DONE!

Off to Spikes.....

I wonder what my wife is buying herself for our Anniversary?

Comment

Good choice, did you add the BCM BCG and Charging Handle to the order?

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
            Good choice, did you add the BCM BCG and Charging Handle to the order?
            I did.

Just finished up at Spikes! Never asked for FFL info on either piece, I figured they would for one or both? Am I wrong on that?

Comment

They will need your FFL for the Lower but not the upper. Angela will probably call you and get it.

Comment

By the way, which upper did you buy?

Your BCM BCG will come with a small, black O-ring. Personally, I put them on all my guns with barrels 16" or less.

Comment

This'un!\

You think I've been full of questions the last 2 days, wait till this thing gets here!

Comment

I c/t see it at work. From the description in the link it is a 14.5". Pinned flashed hider? What kind of rail did you get or did you get standard handguards?

Comment

You are correct, with MI T-10 hand guard, in FDE. No sight!

I keep forgetting you guys are blocked from links.

Comment

Congrats, you made a great choice. NOW get your wallet out for optics, magpul, BUS, sling, mags and bullets.

Comment

Lots of people like the Magpul BUS, but i have a set, and will sell you mine so that i can get something else.

Comment

Yep, now I have to re-read this thread and look at all the opinions on that crap....

I'm already leaning towards the Magpul UBR stock, even though it doesn't come in FDE.

Optics will be Vortex something or other.....

Viking light mount.

I need to go put my hands on some of the accesory stuff before I get too far. After all I just ordered a gun in two pieces that I have no idea how to assemble. Joey says it's no problem though, so I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Yep, now I have to re-read this thread and look at all the opinions on that crap....

I'm already leaning towards the Magpul UBR stock, even though it doesn't come in FDE.

Viking light mount.

I need to go put my hands on some of the accesory stuff before I get too far. After all I just ordered a gun in two pieces that I have no idea how to assemble. Joey says it's no problem though, so I'm looking forward to it.
                              You can hold all the accessories you want and still not get everything! there are two pins that put them together, and you dont even need tools to move the pins. easy squeezy lemon peazy!

Comment

Viking light mount.

Strange, I have two in FDE. They are out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X