Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the input, just bought a AR-15 yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty06 View Post
      Ha ha so true, I've launched a spring.

On another note.

Does anybody know any good pricing on a Daniel Defense or Colt 6720/6920? I thought I had one lined up, but as a lot of stuff right now...out of stock.

You can get an upper for 725 out the door with Matech flip up rear sight. So you could sell the flip up for 50 and have a new upper from Colt for 675. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by dcw View Post
        You can get an upper for 725 out the door with Matech flip up rear sight. So you could sell the flip up for 50 and have a new upper from Colt for 675. Just a thought.
        Yeah, I've thought about going that route, but I think I want to buy a complete rifle. So, I don't have to buy a lower or split my Spikes.

Comment

putting a colt upper on a spikes lower should be against the law .

Buying a colt in pieces is going to be more expensive than buying the whole weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post

Buying a colt in pieces is going to be more expensive than buying the whole weapon.
            Fair enough .

Comment

I never said that. I was thinking put it on something it deserved. Like a plum crazy

Just kidding. Have seen almost new Colt lowers go for around 300. But you are right.

Comment

Getting ready to purchase a SBR.
                Decided on PWS, but on a wire as far as length.
                I LOVE the 7" Diablo, but it's a mother to suppress due to the excessive pressure.
                The 10.5" would be my best bet for keeping it as short as possible if I were to suppress.
                I currently do not own a suppressor for 5.56, and not really sure if I should get one due to 2 reasons....
                them not suppressing as much sound as in other calibers & the price.
                Should I just get the 7" and be done with it (save some $$ not having to purchase suppressor in the future)
                OR
                Go with the 10.5" and save up for the suppressor.

I guess what I'm really asking is if suppressing a 5.56 SBR is really worth the extra $$ ?

Comment

just get a 7" 300 blackout.......suppresses better and accurate to 150 or so

Comment

Originally posted by H-D View Post
                    Getting ready to purchase a SBR.
                    Decided on PWS, but on a wire as far as length.
                    I LOVE the 7" Diablo, but it's a mother to suppress due to the excessive pressure.
                    The 10.5" would be my best bet for keeping it as short as possible if I were to suppress.
                    I currently do not own a suppressor for 5.56, and not really sure if I should get one due to 2 reasons....
                    them not suppressing as much sound as in other calibers & the price.
                    Should I just get the 7" and be done with it (save some $$ not having to purchase suppressor in the future)
                    OR
                    Go with the 10.5" and save up for the suppressor.

I guess what I'm really asking is if suppressing a 5.56 SBR is really worth the extra $$ ?
                    Are you asking if you should buy a 7.5" upper in 5.56?

If so you may not be able to suppress it. Most suppressor manufacturers won't warranty their suppressor for anything under 10" or so due to highly possible baffle strikes. And why in the world would you want to have a SBR unsuppressed? A 16" barrel is loud enough much less and SBR plus the added concussion that much closer to face.

If you are wanting a 5.56 I would get the 10.5" upper and save for the suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Are you asking if you should buy a 7.5" upper in 5.56?

If so you may not be able to suppress it. Most suppressor manufacturers won't warranty their suppressor for anything under 10" or so due to highly possible baffle strikes. And why in the world would you want to have a SBR unsuppressed? A 16" barrel is loud enough much less and SBR plus the added concussion that much closer to face.

If you are wanting a 5.56 I would get the 10.5" upper and save for the suppressor.
                      Ditto

Comment

You're right that Spikes lower deserves better!

Comment

My bride bought me a scope for my long AR this weekend ... now a lot of the "stuff" ya'll talk about makes a little more sense.

First thing I noticed was the difficulty getting a grip on the charging handle, with the scope on top of it.

I'm assuming that the charging handle latch extension is the answer to this?
                          I saw two different styles online. One that you'd still be pulling against the edge of the latch and one that provides a vertical metal "pad" that seems like it'd be easier to pull.

Anything special I need to know about these parts?
                          Do any work better than others?

Comment

check out this charging handle.. I put one on mine and love it so far.. with a scope , it's really convenient .
                            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg-dKD5NFt8"]AR15 bipod adapter and extended charging handle - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Form 1 is in the mail for SBR. The wait begins!

Comment

Okay, I really need yalls help.

My lovely fiancé has decided to give me a custom rifle as a wedding gift. I know, the woman is a saint.

Stiller Action, Shilen barrel, Jewell, the works, stock not sure yet. Thinking thumbhole and one day a custom mesquite stock. Rem action. This will be a Multi generation rifle. Keep this in mind. Also keep in mind I am a .30 cal junkie. I have .30 cal or .223. Pretty much all you need.

So, that being said. Pick a caliber and give supporting reason why this should be a generation legacy rifle. Also keep in mind this needs to be a popular caliber where ammo is abundant and available.

Ideally I see this being a sheep, deer, elk rifle that can handle 6-900 yards easily. I have a .416, .375, .338, .300 win, .308, .270 for my Blaser, .300 win mag Christensen and a couple of custom .308's.

I am literally at a cross roads of I have no clue what to pick. Ideas thus far: 7mm, 300 Rum, .308, .30/06. I would like a round that can go from 150 grains to 220 if possible with plenty of oomph to down a sheep or elk at long range. Someone please help!

Comment

Working...
                                X