Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMC View Post
    I'm looking for some suggestions on which complete AR I should purchase. It will be my first AR so I would prefer to buy a complete gun and do the upgrades as needed and as I go. Once I'm comfortable I'll build my next one in a .308. I going to be using it for both home defense and shooting a few pigs. I want one in a 5.56, mid length (18") barrel, with a 1:7, 1:8, or 1:9 twist and am looking to keep the weight of entire gun down. I have been over M4.net and a few other websites and I'm really no closer to picking which one I want so I thought I would ask you guys. I've looked at LMT, Noveske, CMMG, LaRue and a few others, I'm willing to spend @ $1500. Basically I'm looking for the best gun for the money out of the box. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks
    18" factory guns are hard to come by because of supply and demand. 16" and shorter is the hot item, and people want to be cool. that said, id get the LMT, Colt, DD, or BCM guns and add this barrel to it.

can't go wrong with a daniel defense barrel

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
      I just ordered a Plum Crazy lower. I've done some reading on them and see where the Military & LEs might be picking them up, thus the name change from Plum Crazy to PCM. Going to order me an upper for it and see how it works out. They're a composite light weight full lower for around $150.
      Anyone heard or had any dealings with them?
      Anyone???

Comment

not a fan of composite for the lower, but as long as it works...

Comment

In regards to the shorty uppers ... I know you have to register a SBR designated lower.
          Is a pistol lower the same, or have the same requirements for registration?

Comment

Does anyone have any recommended YHM suppressor dealer in the Ft Worth area?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              In regards to the shorty uppers ... I know you have to register a SBR designated lower.
              Is a pistol lower the same, or have the same requirements for registration?
              As long as it stays a pistol there is no requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post
                Does anyone have any recommended YHM suppressor dealer in the Ft Worth area?
                I sent a pm to you on some info

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                  18" factory guns are hard to come by because of supply and demand. 16" and shorter is the hot item, and people want to be cool. that said, id get the LMT, Colt, DD, or BCM guns and add this barrel to it.

can't go wrong with a daniel defense barrel
                  Thanks, I'll check it out.

I've got a couple of questions since I'm pretty new to the game. And these are for everyone.

Where do you guys shop (online) for your ARs and parts? I've been to most of the factory websites but figured you guys shopped somewhere else.

If I wanted to go the route of building my own. How do I know if upper X will fit onto lower Z? Or are all 5.56 lowers and uppers compatible no matter the manufacture?

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Guns & gear:
                    Rainier Arms specializes in high-end AR15 parts, AR15 accessories, AR15 grips, AR15 stocks, AR15 uppers, AR15 lowers, AR15 barrels and much more...

Noveske Rifleworks | All American Bad Ass Rifle Company

Bravo Company USA, Inc is your source for the highest quality parts, & tactical accessories for your AR-15, M16, M4 Carbine

ammo

Comment

Shopping the classifieds at ar15.com. I buy most all my parts there.

Palmetto is great for ammo and more.

All ar15 uppers fit ar15 lowers, however that does not mean they are at all equal quality.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                        Thanks, I'll check it out.

I've got a couple of questions since I'm pretty new to the game. And these are for everyone.

Where do you guys shop (online) for your ARs and parts? I've been to most of the factory websites but figured you guys shopped somewhere else.

If I wanted to go the route of building my own. How do I know if upper X will fit onto lower Z? Or are all 5.56 lowers and uppers compatible no matter the manufacture?

Thanks again for the help.
                        this right here is what will get you. the lowers produced by colt and armalite a while back had large trigger group pins and just about everyone else had small. now everyone should be small pin.

As long as the upper is meant for the AR15 platform, you are good to go. some components are different, like bolt and mags, but the rest should be the same, the bolt carrier, buffer, etc.

theyre easy to put together with a few tools and a vise/blocks. youtube shows you how, and even gives you torque specs.

Comment

Go to dsgarms.com
                          They have a military discount plus monthly specials. I just picked up a 10 inch Noveske Rogue Hunter upper for $827 before taxes and shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                            Guns & gear:
                            Rainier Arms specializes in high-end AR15 parts, AR15 accessories, AR15 grips, AR15 stocks, AR15 uppers, AR15 lowers, AR15 barrels and much more...

Noveske Rifleworks | All American Bad Ass Rifle Company

Bravo Company USA, Inc is your source for the highest quality parts, & tactical accessories for your AR-15, M16, M4 Carbine

ammo
                            http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/
                            Thanks for the links, I'll be checking them out.

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                            Shopping the classifieds at ar15.com. I buy most all my parts there.

Palmetto is great for ammo and more.

All ar15 uppers fit ar15 lowers, however that does not mean they are at all equal quality.
                            I've noticed that. I was over at M4.net and saw the "chart". Pretty interesting stuff. When I first started looking, I was going to go with a complete RRA but found out that I probably wasn't going to be entirely happy with my purchase.

Thanks Again

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                            this right here is what will get you. the lowers produced by colt and armalite a while back had large trigger group pins and just about everyone else had small. now everyone should be small pin.

As long as the upper is meant for the AR15 platform, you are good to go. some components are different, like bolt and mags, but the rest should be the same, the bolt carrier, buffer, etc.

theyre easy to put together with a few tools and a vise/blocks. youtube shows you how, and even gives you torque specs.
                            I tore down and put together the same M16 for four years in the Marines, we just never mixed and matched parts... Well unless someone lost something

Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                            Go to dsgarms.com
                            They have a military discount plus monthly specials. I just picked up a 10 inch Noveske Rogue Hunter upper for $827 before taxes and shipping.
                            Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
                            Last edited by USMC; 02-03-2012, 02:29 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by Neano View Post
                              Go to dsgarms.com
                              I shop there as well .. they are awesome and ship fast .. very big magpul dealer , and they also carry geissele triggers ... I buy stuff from them on a monthly basis and they are always quick , timely , and packaged very well.. I recommend them especially if you have the military/leo discount.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                                I shop there as well .. they are awesome and ship fast .. very big magpul dealer , and they also carry geissele triggers ... I buy stuff from them on a monthly basis and they are always quick , timely , and packaged very well.. I recommend them especially if you have the military/leo discount.
                                I love dsgarms. They are great people and great discounts for leo's! You have to be lucky to be able to stop by their warehouse...

Comment

Working...
                                X