Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome!

Showoff!

Comment

Maddox,

You need a 50!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
        Maddox,

You need a 50!
        WHY? $7-$10 a round, c/t shoot it at most gun ranges, $5-$10k on the gun.

Na, no need for a 50.

I am going to build a 300 whisper.

Comment

They aren't that much on ammo, good ammo will run you 5, LC FMJ will run you 3.76-4. A mcmillan can be had for about 6, Barrett 98, about 5 and an 82 for around 8500, plus they are a hoot to shoot!

Then just go buy you a 1000 acres to blast it off on!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
            They aren't that much on ammo, good ammo will run you 5, LC FMJ will run you 3.76-4. A mcmillan can be had for about 6, Barrett 98, about 5 and an 82 for around 8500, plus they are a hoot to shoot!

Then just go buy you a 1000 acres to blast it off on!
            I guess Im just cheap, although I have about $10k in that picture up there. I see no need, practical or otherwise, for a 50 cal. If I got a 50, I would have to buy a 50 cal suppressor, etc etc. Na, Ill stick to the guns I can go to the store and buy ammo for if I need it.

Im working on the 1000 acres....

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox

I guess Im just cheap, although I have about $10k in that picture up there. I see no need, practical or otherwise, for a 50 cal. If I got a 50, I would have to buy a 50 cal suppressor, etc etc. Na, Ill stick to the guns I can go to the store and buy ammo for if I need it.

Im working on the 1000 acres....
              You do it up right!
              You do have a point though, I shoot my other guns ten times as much as my 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                I am going to build a 300 whisper.
                I'm either going to do a whisper or a custom 308x39 made so I can use the commie brass with regular bullets.

Does anyone even make affordable whisper brass??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos

I'm either going to do a whisper or a custom 308x39 made so I can use the commie brass with regular bullets.

Does anyone even make affordable whisper brass??
                  Someone on arfcom is making it Paul, I'll have to dig up the link.

Comment

I was wrong, got the link off the hide.

Kelly Kyle - (918) 476-5093

I think CorBon is as well.

Comment

Thanks Trav...I don't want to be chasing high dollar pieces of brass all over the ranch & my brass forming days are over.

Only problem i see with the 7.62x39 round is the .311 bore vs the 308 bore. Would be more expensive to build a 308x39 but the available brass would be sweet.

I also don't know the story in regards to available 'functioning' mags for either.

Comment

I've been contemplating a 7.62x39 SBR, everyone on ARF is telling me the c prod second gen 30 round mags are doing well. MGI's frankenmags are doing well also, check out their sight, only issue with MGI is their bolt only works with their mags.

Comment

which company would you use to make a custom ar barrel?? All the 7.62x39 tubes will have a .311 bore, which I don't want.

Comment

I used to be a hater but have come around on this stuff (thanks to you guys and a deteriorating society in general).

I need to get in the game. Appreciate the knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              I used to be a hater but have come around on this stuff (thanks to you guys and a deteriorating society in general).

I need to get in the game. Appreciate the knowledge.
                              leggy, be careful jumping in...it'a a horrible disease with no cure

you are welcome to shoot mine any time you make it down to the valley amigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                leggy, be careful jumping in...it'a a horrible disease with no cure

you are welcome to shoot mine any time you make it down to the valley amigo.
                                No kidding, I started out with a RRA Entry Tactical (my ONLY store bought AR15). Now I have 9 AR15s, all but that RRA built by me.

Do yourself a favor, build it as a fighting rifle first and varmint gun second.

Comment

Working...
                                X