Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get a refund and buy pmags, then stay away from Tapco from now on!
    I was gonna get the Mapul PMag but those dang Tapco's were on sale for $10 bucks? Get what I pay for! ARGE

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      welcome to the disease...the downside is THE WANT never ends.

'Think' I'm going to send off the MKii to be threaded...the tacsol bbl is more than double compared to cut & thread.

cleaning her up now...just almost too clean to mess with. I need a thicker wallet.
      You got that right. The MKII with can is what I want next and I don't even have the first 2 stamps yet. I am going to need to get another job to support this habit. Maybe I can get Traci to get a summer job when she is not teaching
      Last edited by agvet2004; 05-21-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I'm a rookie. Converted the Saiga to AK format, came out very cool. Will post a pic soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by agvet2004 View Post
          You got that right. The MKII with can is what I want next and I don't even have the first 2 stamps yet. I am going to need to get another job to support this habit. Maybe I can get Traci to get a summer job when she is not teaching
          uhggghhh...just looked up th s/n and it was born on the same year I graduated from HS. Not sure why these little factoids deter me from wanting to mess with it.

I really just ought to pack up this bbl and mail it off & quit thinking so much.

Comment

Went ahead and splurged on the new stock. Picked up the Magpul from Sog Armory. It was probably the only thing that went on with no drama.
            Attached Files

Comment

latest

finished building it today.. Lilja barrel .204 ruger 1/12 twist ... side charger!

found new respect for the .204 when I shot some of my armor plate at 100 yards ... went right through!!! .223 can't do that!! so this is my new super flat shooting armored zombie killer ...

Comment

Nice!

Comment

This is my new piece of awesomeness. Its a 20' .308 Remington 700 action. The barrel is a Shilen. The stock is an HS Precision. The steel bottom metal is a Williams I beleive. The trigger is a Remington tweaked to a very crisp 2lbs. I put on a Leupold VXIII 3.5x10x40mm/30mm tube target scope with BDC settup for .308 168gr at 2600fps. This baby should one hole 'em at 100yds with ease. Cant wait to take her out some much farther distances. I will be getting one of my AR's and this gun dressed up with a nice matching paint job and Pelican case for them to rest in soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6473.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	23994060

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6476.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	23994061

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                    This is my new piece of awesomeness. Its a 20' .308 Remington 700 action. The barrel is a Shilen. The stock is an HS Precision. The steel bottom metal is a Williams I beleive. The trigger is a Remington tweaked to a very crisp 2lbs. I put on a Leupold VXIII 3.5x10x40mm/30mm tube target scope with BDC settup for .308 168gr at 2600fps. This baby should one hole 'em at 100yds with ease. Cant wait to take her out some much farther distances. I will be getting one of my AR's and this gun dressed up with a nice matching paint job and Pelican case for them to rest in soon.

[ATTACH]241435[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]241436[/ATTACH]
                    funny looking AR !!!!! is this still the AR thread ?

Artos .. you could have just bought a factory threaded mk3 for $329, and built in picatinny underneath ...I think that's the cheapest route ...
                    then all you need is a sear and $10 after market bushing to remove mag safety and you're golden ... I ended up using the packmyer 1911 wrap around grips on this as well.. just not in this old pic, I can take a new one if you wanna see what that looks like ..

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                      I was gonna get the Mapul PMag but those dang Tapco's were on sale for $10 bucks? Get what I pay for! ARGE
                      The best place I found to buy Pmag's is Aimsurplus.com. Free shipping on all Magpul products.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        funny looking AR !!!!! is this still the AR thread ?

Artos .. you could have just bought a factory threaded mk3 for $329, and built in picatinny underneath ...I think that's the cheapest route ...
                        then all you need is a sear and $10 after market bushing to remove mag safety and you're golden ... I ended up using the packmyer 1911 wrap around grips on this as well.. just not in this old pic, I can take a new one if you wanna see what that looks like ..

oh...i understand, but have a thing for the Mkii. It's part of the disease & prefer to make my life complicated.

The fact this one was made the same year i graduated from HS makes it even more cool...I'm not gonna wait for the paclite lead time on the 4.5" & will probably cut and thread this one & use open sights only. Will set this one back about 0.75" and have the smith cut a piece of bbl and blue / fit it for the thread protector, so it will look original mas/menos sans can.

Comment

Putting together a 223 hog gun and would like some opinions.

Will be shooting it suppressed almost exclusively so will probably go with a piston gun so I kind of have it narrowed down to the

LMT CQB MRP vs PWS Piston
                          Any thoughts/opinions/alternatives?

Being suppressed,

10” vs 12”
                          I’m thinking 12" because it’s easier on the blast baffle but want a fairly compact package. OTOH, I'm not anticipating a high round count so would the 10" work for my purposes?

Best Suppressor? AAC? Surefire?
                          Really open on this one. The suppressor will probably be married to this gun so looking for noise reduction, durability and ease of cleaning.

Optics wise, I will probably go with a scope/PS-22-3a combo unless there’s something better that I’m not aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

pws !

12"

AAC! or YHM ! unless you plan on buying only 1 can and shoot .308 as well .. then SAS Arbiter titanium is awesome .. but will add a couple of inches OAL ..
                            surefire's i've seen didn't seem to meter as well ....and $$$ but very durable...

ps-22 ! yes !! make sure your scope goes down to 3x to 6x ... it does not work as well at higher magnifications.... I use mine on my leupold MK4 6.5-20x50 and it's the limit of pixelation... any magnification I add and it gets hard to see clearly...

looks great on my 3-10 weaver tacticals mil mil...

BTW !! they went back on sale today at midway for $299 ($100 off).. if you're looking for a good mil mil scope for an AR ... I've got 3 of them and they do great (with ps-22 as well...)

Comment

I'm really contemplating the PWS 12" piston system......

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                                I'm really contemplating the PWS 12" piston system......
                                I think you will like it trav...my class iii buddy has faith in them after tens of thousands of rounds.

Still, I see no need as the AR is better as DI imho....

Comment

Working...
                                X