Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
    Why not???

I like the way it looks.

As far as function....I am not sure. I've heard some say it reduces weight, helps clear debris from the action when cycling a new shell...

Not sure about those reasons, but I did it merely for aesthetics. And I got an insane deal on it
    my remington 260 titanium came from the factory with a fluted bolt .. I think I weight the whole gun under 7 lbs with a 6x leupy on top .... most people I hand the gun to can't beleive it's real.. it weights nothing!!

Comment

After reading all 33 pages of this thread and shooting my buddies AR im goin to get one. I think im just goin to go with the bushmaster they have at academy mainly cause of budget and I just want one to play around with at first then eventually ill get into all this cool stuff you guys got.

Comment

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post
        After reading all 33 pages of this thread and shooting my buddies AR im goin to get one. I think im just goin to go with the bushmaster they have at academy mainly cause of budget and I just want one to play around with at first then eventually ill get into all this cool stuff you guys got.
        i think youd be happier if you spent the money on the S&W MP15. about the same amount of money and better made.

Comment

Here are my two...

The 6.8spc is a Model 1 Sales upper with 16" barrel on a S & W lower. Troy Battlerail, Hogue grip, M-223 one piece scope ring/base, Leupold VX1 3-9x40mm with Blacks Creek flip cap covers.

The .223/5.56 is a Stag Model 7 with SS Wilson fluted 20" 1/8 twist barrel with Hogue grip. Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40mm

now... just waiting on my can to arrive...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            i think youd be happier if you spent the money on the S&W MP15. about the same amount of money and better made.
            M&P rifles are junk!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
              M&P rifles are junk!!!!!
              you keep saying this, but i can't find your bad reviews. send us some links man!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                you keep saying this, but i can't find your bad reviews. send us some links man!
                Personal experience!!!

Comment

personal experience!!!

lol!!!

Comment

I just bought a RRA lower from a buddy, and he put white-out in the engravings to have the white letter engravings... my questions is, how do i remove it so i can change the color??

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                      lol!!!
                      don't listen to Mesquite... he probably put that bump stock on it ...

remember , he's the guy that hates glocks one day and love them the next , just depends which side of the bed he wakes up on ...

just wait a week.. he'll love them ...

just kidding man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        don't listen to Mesquite... he probably put that bump stock on it ...

remember , he's the guy that hates glocks one day and love them the next , just depends which side of the bed he wakes up on ...

just wait a week.. he'll love them ...

just kidding man!!!
                        I only love cominolli glocks!

Seriously though, I know a guy that went obamada election goofy and bought 3 m&p's from academy, brought them to me to help soup them up. Absolute krap! Very lose receivers, no where close to milspec. I actually could torque the rifle with my bare hands to render it unusable.very cheaply made and obviously a sporting goods store weapon.

By the way, Christensen Arms is releasing a Lightweight SR25 7.62x51 rifle this august.... the test guns were shooting .5-.75" groups, outside.... Timney single stage triggers, lar receivers, nickel boron bcg. For the same price as an OBR. .

I have a sample pic of a mock up gun.... but only showing if you beg! One of the salesman for them is a friend of mind and is supposedly taking his out tomorrow and is going to email me more pics.

I'd advise getting on the list now while it's short! Hasn't even been released yet! Should start shipping early august!

Not that I'm interested in that type of SR25!!!

Oh and go ahead and beg for pics! Starting right

Meow!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          I just bought a RRA lower from a buddy, and he put white-out in the engravings to have the white letter engravings... my questions is, how do i remove it so i can change the color??
                          Paint thinner.

Comment

thanks...

Comment

I only love cominolli glocks!

Seriously though, I know a guy that went obamada election goofy and bought 3 m&p's from academy, brought them to me to help soup them up. Absolute krap! Very lose receivers, no where close to milspec. I actually could torque the rifle with my bare hands to render it unusable.very cheaply made and obviously a sporting goods store weapon.

By the way, Christensen Arms is releasing a Lightweight SR25 7.62x51 rifle this august.... the test guns were shooting .5-.75" groups, outside.... Timney single stage triggers, lar receivers, nickel boron bcg. For the same price as an OBR. .

I have a sample pic of a mock up gun.... but only showing if you beg! One of the salesman for them is a friend of mind and is supposedly taking his out tomorrow and is going to email me more pics.

I'd advise getting on the list now while it's short! Hasn't even been released yet! Should start shipping early august!

Not that I'm interested in that type of SR25!!!

Oh and go ahead and beg for pics! Starting right

Meow!
                              hey man , do you happen to know what type of piston system they are using in the christensen ar's ? I ordered me a PWS 12" SBR based on the performance of their piston system ..(pretty much a ak type 1 peice bolt /piston, morphed into an ar BCG ...) just wondering if there are pics of the christensen anywhere and what type it is / reliability ...

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                                hey man , do you happen to know what type of piston system they are using in the christensen ar's ? I ordered me a PWS 12" SBR based on the performance of their piston system ..(pretty much a ak type 1 peice bolt /piston, morphed into an ar BCG ...) just wondering if there are pics of the christensen anywhere and what type it is / reliability ...

You mean an SBR like this? This is the only pic I have of one, I swear!!!

I thought he told me they make their own piston and yes it gets rave reviews, and my buddy loves them. Unfortunately, they don't have one for the 308 yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X