Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered 10/2009
    Received 04/2011

Picked it up today.

yes, cell phone picture sucks, but Im to lazy to chase down the digital camera.

Comment

sweet riot gun maddox.

waiting 4-6 weeks for a spikes lower is killing me.

Comment

I was wondering if you guys could tell me what this gun is worth...

.223 caliber
        Yankee Hill lower
        Leupold VXR 1-4 scope with illuminated reticle
        16" barrel with Troy aftermarket quad rail
        Troy flip up sights
        Bi-pod
        Has had about 200-250 rounds through it
        Is that enough info to estimate a value?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by daveally; 04-22-2011, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Bump...anyone have an idea of the value of this rifle?

Comment

w/ scope i would think in the 1500 range i would think. I am certainly no expert though.

Comment

Thanks Brannon. I picked this sucker up today along with a Springfield 1911. Can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Comment

Has anyone decked out a mini-14? I have been all over the net looking for a good looking tactical stock for it and the only one I can find is worth more than the gun itself.

Thinking I may just keep the wood stock and add some rails and a different foreguard on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
                  Has anyone decked out a mini-14? I have been all over the net looking for a good looking tactical stock for it and the only one I can find is worth more than the gun itself.

Thinking I may just keep the wood stock and add some rails and a different foreguard on it.

look at it this way, if you're gonna shoot a barn with it, make sure you're on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                    look at it this way, if you're gonna shoot a barn with it, make sure you're on the inside
                    I've heard this from multiple people and always figured they just weren't very good shots to begin with anyway. I am on my second one and never had a problem getting either one of them to hold a 1" pattern.

Comment

Wanted to show off the newest tacticool item on my bolt gun. I just got my bolt back from having it fluted and just about have the rifle the way I wanted it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                        Wanted to show off the newest tacticool item on my bolt gun. I just got my bolt back from having it fluted and just about have the rifle the way I wanted it.
                        Why flute the bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Why flute the bolt?
                          Why not???

I like the way it looks.

As far as function....I am not sure. I've heard some say it reduces weight, helps clear debris from the action when cycling a new shell...

Not sure about those reasons, but I did it merely for aesthetics. And I got an insane deal on it
                          Last edited by J.B.; 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Looks good but all of those controls are on the wrong side.

Who did the fluting for you?

Sent from my iPhone
                            Last edited by Mike D; 04-25-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Looks good but all of those controls are on the wrong side.

Who did the fluting for you?

Sent from my iPhone
                              This^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
                                bought a ARP 6.8 upper w/ a twisted/ fluted barrel. troy handgaurd. spikes punisher lower is on order will post pics when it comes in and i put it together.

thinking about getting a bill springfield trigger job. any thoughts?
                                I had one done by him on an AR that i traded away. The trigger job, when i got it back finally, was crisp, smooth and clean set at 3.5lbs. My biggest issue was he lost the first one (never got delivered to his doorstep according to him), lost my second FCG i sent him, and then charged me full price after when he should have given me one for all my hassles. took me two months to finally get it back when it was all said and done.

Comment

Working...
                                X