Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
    youre going to go deaf no matter what you shoot inside your house. ever done it before? NOT pretty
    YEP my dumb but learned the hard way messing with one of my dads service revolvers when I was 14. A 357 in a tight hallway makes you momma wonder why you arnt paying attention to a thing she sais for about a week. That was all the lesson I needed

Those Shotguns are cool but dang sure dont look like any fun to shoot

Comment

Travis, start watching Ebay for some Costa beard trimmings!

if you don't know what you're DOING! "Custom" fit RE using an angle grinder: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/trixiebud/grind.jpg?t=1300216557

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
        I said AR type, the current configuration will not work, and slug wise I'm saying a lighter slug, with the advanced powders we have today, we should be able to ring a gong at 300 all day. Maybe I'm dreaming.

The KSG looks cool, but you're right a Kel-Tec is a Kel-Tec, I guess I'll keep dreaming and just keep shooting NATO rounds and leave the shotguns to the birds! I quit using my 12 as a home defense weapon also. Straight 40 cal with a tlr-2 strobe and a grip laser, and keep building AR's.

I'd use my 458 sbr, but I'm pretty sure I'd go deaf if I fired it inside the house!
        we shot my gong at 300 yards with my 338 spectre susbonic 300 gr sierra match king , and after adjusting the dope , I was able to connect 4 out of 5 times ... they key there is extreme spread in the load .. a difference of 30fps could mean a 6" poi shift at 300 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
          Travis, start watching Ebay for some Costa beard trimmings!

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=76598&page=10
          Bwahahaha.

Comment

http://www.gunblast.com/ATI-T14.htm
            Not a 12 but its a start. Still trying to find a purpose for it, maybe hunting crows with a 13 round mag. =)

Guys I am having MAJOR problems with one of my ARs. I do know, after inspecting, that the roll pin in the gas block is not all of the way through the hole causing it to leak and I figure that is my reason for the gun not cycling and failing to feed. However out of a 30 round mag, on 4 rounds the BCG was stuck in the forward position, with empty hull in the chamber. I though I was going break off my vltor charging handle trying to pull it back! Tried two different bolt carriers and had same issue. This is a brand new upper, from JSEsurplus, it was for a cheap "knockaround gun". But I have seen cheap guns function as well as my BCMs and DD. ARs suck as single shots by the way! Thoughts?
            Last edited by Justin342987; 03-19-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin342987 View Post
              Not a 12 but its a start. Still trying to find a purpose for it, maybe hunting crows with a 13 round mag. =)

Guys I am having MAJOR problems with one of my ARs. I do know, after inspecting, that the roll pin in the gas block is not all of the way through the hole causing it to leak and I figure that is my reason for the gun not cycling and failing to feed. However out of a 30 round mag, on 4 rounds the BCG was stuck in the forward position, with empty hull in the chamber. I though I was going break off my vltor charging handle trying to pull it back! Tried two different bolt carriers and had same issue. This is a brand new upper, from JSEsurplus, it was for a cheap "knockaround gun". But I have seen cheap guns function as well as my BCMs and DD. ARs suck as single shots by the way! Thoughts?
              Sounds like a gas/lube problem. I've had an AR stick while shooting 500 rounds with wolf and ended up running a little dry.

Sounds like the gas tube is most likely leaking.

Comment

Travis , this one's just for you .. since you always talk smack about glocks , here's a video I took this weekend showing just how versatile and useful a glock 10mm can be ...
                no animals where hurt in the making of this video.. the gun performed flawlessly through the entire meal, no jams , no accidental discharge ... accuracy was also very good ... it functionned perfectly!!
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2fGomSv3Zk"]YouTube - Useful glock 10mm[/ame]

Comment

Too Funny !

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                    Travis , this one's just for you .. since you always talk smack about glocks , here's a video I took this weekend showing just how versatile and useful a glock 10mm can be ...
                    no animals where hurt in the making of this video.. the gun performed flawlessly through the entire meal, no jams , no accidental discharge ... accuracy was also very good ... it functionned perfectly!!
                    YouTube - Useful glock 10mm

Didn't you hear? Travis has converted to Glock lover status.

Comment

Need opinions on a light weight quad rail for a 6.8 build. I like the DD lite 9" but its very pricy. is there something sim but less costly out there. goal is for gun to be as light as possible. don't be afraid to recommned a different type of rail also. I do want to mount a AFG and a light under the rail.
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Brannon74 View Post
                        Need opinions on a light weight quad rail for a 6.8 build. I like the DD lite 9" but its very pricy. is there something sim but less costly out there. goal is for gun to be as light as possible. don't be afraid to recommned a different type of rail also. I do want to mount a AFG and a light under the rail.
                        thanks
                        honestly...you gotta spend some coin to get a "good lite" quad rail.

Comment

Brannon, seems like I saw a YHM lite rail that looked pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin342987 View Post

my first thought is to tell you to have the chamber reamed to spec. it sounds like its too tight regardless of gas pressure. stuck case should eject after it cools because it will go back to close to its original shape.

Comment

I had a bushy that would do that. There was a burr in the chamber left over from the factory machining. Had to get the chamber reamed.

Got to love the quality control at some places

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Brannon, seems like I saw a YHM lite rail that looked pretty nice.
                                I like their midlength lite rail.

Are 1 piece or 2 piece rail sytems better?

Comment

Working...
                                X