Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
    better trajectory for less resistance at higher velocities out of longer barrels man. better down range impact!

that's why they make 338 lapua magnums .. why re-invent the wheel ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
      better trajectory for less resistance at higher velocities out of longer barrels man. better down range impact!
      I don't see the need. The 10mm carries enough energy at 100 yards out of a pistol to take Whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I stand behind my original statement.
        Yeah, but we're nerds with cool toys!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

How did we go from 10mm pointed rounds to .338 LM?

Comment

thats like saying "why make as 300aac when you have 338 spectre and 458 socom or 556?"

Comment

the reason for the 300 AAC is common parts with 556 / 223 hardware and large availability of 30 cal projectiles .. unlike the 338 spectre (I've got one of those too...) where projectiles are way more expensive and less choices ... the 458 is a bad ash round .. but the BC is not so good .. and weight and recoil are also a factor..

the statement of making pointed 10mm is just silly.. never gonna happen hint my comment on the lapua ... nobody EVER is going to look into that .. it's hard enough to convince the powers that be to start making soft jacket .308's to have expansion at lower/ subsonic velocities ...

to be exact on your comment " better trajectory for less resistance at higher velocities out of longer barrels man. better down range impact! "

a pointy 10mm would be heavier , slower , probably would not stabilize , and will actually go slower in a long barrel than a short one ... as most pistol calibers do..

I've got a connection that is actually going to provide me some subsonic expanding .308
              projectiles to test out .. we'll see how that goes!

Comment

338 spectre...

Comment

*facepalm

yes, pointy 10mm projectiles WAS meant to be silly..

Comment

338 spectre...
                    **** you have some COOL Toys!

Comment

thanks .. It's an addiction really ! but unlike alcohol , if I was to ever quit .. i'd gest "most " of my money back ... LOL!

Comment

interesting.... need to research this... I am liking it.. Is this just for the larger calibers?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Todd P; 03-16-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

lar grizzly side chargers .. that one is a billet upper , my other is forged and $100 cheaper..

$300 complete .. not bad considering it come with the BCG.

not only that, but if you run suppressed .. no gas in the face due to no charging handle.. it's a block instead.. I highly recommend them... had I known then what I know now .. I would have used them on my other builds..

Comment

thanks... I am just starting my research on these... I have my lower... now moving up, LOL

I like the side charge

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300372369.517955.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	23982049

Got a PEPR, thanks a bunch, Billy!

Comment

thanks .. It's an addiction really ! but unlike alcohol , if I was to ever quit .. i'd gest "most " of my money back ... LOL!
                                I'll pretty much never agree with you on most things. But, at least you have cool gear.

That was a compliment, Poser! you're not getting another from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X