Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
    Got "save as" and change the .php to .xls and it will save it as an excel spreadsheet. That's what I had to do to get it to work.
    Works! Thanks a bunch.

Comment

I use these recipes exclusively. They're awesome and I make quite a bit of sausage.

Comment

Ive got a few questions, and sorry if theyve already been answered.

Summer sausage recipe, which one is it? Is it just any of them cooked to 165 degrees?

Jerky, is the amount of salt per pound correct on the spreadsheet? Ive never mixed up jerky seasoning and it just seemed like a lot so I thought id ask. Also, is this recipe good smoked and hung until dry or best in a dehydrator?

Thanks in advance for answers, I cant wait to try a few recipes soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Ive got a few questions, and sorry if theyve already been answered.

Summer sausage recipe, which one is it? Is it just any of them cooked to 165 degrees?

Jerky, is the amount of salt per pound correct on the spreadsheet? Ive never mixed up jerky seasoning and it just seemed like a lot so I thought id ask. Also, is this recipe good smoked and hung until dry or best in a dehydrator?

Thanks in advance for answers, I cant wait to try a few recipes soon.
          Maybe I can help. There are actually 2 recipes that can be used for summer sausage. The Venison/Pork and the Venison/Pork with Jalapeño and Cheese.

Comment

Maybe I can help. There are actually 2 recipes that can be used for summer sausage. The Venison/Pork and the Venison/Pork with Jalapeño and Cheese.
            Also, the jerky recipe on the spreadsheet is for 5 lbs of seasoning, not the amount of seasoning for 5 lbs of meat.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Also, the jerky recipe on the spreadsheet is for 5 lbs of seasoning, not the amount of seasoning for 5 lbs of meat.

Hope this helps!
              Ooohh, so how many lbs of meat woupd that do then I wonder?

Comment

Thanks for that. I kind of figured so, but I wasn't sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  Ooohh, so how many lbs of meat woupd that do then I wonder?
                  My guess is quite a bit. Maybe Travis can chime in and let you know!

Comment

My guess is quite a bit. Maybe Travis can chime in and let you know!
                    My guess as well.

Comment

Season it just like you would a steak!

Comment

dude those spreadsheets are awesome! making some this weekend.

Comment

Cant wait to try this, now I just need a deer this weekend...

Comment

Best thread ever. Thank you sir.

Comment

anyway someone could text or email me the first 2 spread sheets? my dumb computer at work wont open it. Even when I so "save as" and change it. Thanks

Comment

Just did a Javelina sausage following your Italian recipe. It came out great!. I was told Javelina meat was no good, but it definitely taste great in sausage!... I'll try some of the other recipes with my 3 other Javelinas!.

Comment

Working...
                                X