No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travis gonna finally make some sausage soon. We have a smoke house ready to go. For cold smoking the sausage wht is the routine, how long to smoke, and what else do we do?
    Thanks

Comment

I do not have access to any venison, can I just use 100% pork in these recipes or should I substitute beef for the venison?

Comment

Jr that depends on a lot of things. But I would say about 2 hours is more than enough on a cold smoke.

Yes you can make it all pork or all beef. Just use leaner cuts like chuck or butt

Comment

Last question, whats the reason for dried jalepenoe, vs fresh(run thru a processor)? also how would I adjust the measurements from dried to fresh? And where do you find dried jalepenoes?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Ttt
              Last edited by Strummer; 03-25-2015, 06:20 PM.

Comment

30 lbs of jalapeño cheese! Thank you Mesquite! Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1427681318773.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	24372090

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  Last question, whats the reason for dried jalepenoe, vs fresh(run thru a processor)? also how would I adjust the measurements from dried to fresh? And where do you find dried jalepenoes?

Just now seeing this. Add 2x the number listed for fresh.

Comment

Well we made our sausage, and it came out with a twang, or bitter taste. I tink it was either the cure, or we used too much smoke! I really think it was too much smoke!! It tasted good when we fried it up in a skillet to taste test, but when we cooked it on the grill after smoking it had that almost bitter aftertaste

Comment

Just downloaded these and can't wait to try them

Comment

Get ready!

Comment

Ok I have sent a PM to Mesquite but, thought I would also bring this back up for some help here. My computer keeps trying to bring this up as an Adobe file and saying that the file is corrupt. Shouldn't it be an Excel spreadsheet? Thank you..

Comment

Just got my first electric grinder and gonna dive head first in my first attempt at cased sausage. I've used his recipe for pan sausage and it's awesome. Can't wait to try out my new rig! Great thread and spreadsheet

Comment

Tagged

Comment

This has got to be one of the best Threads on the GS! Thank you for all you recipes and pointers. This will help a newbie, like myself, feel more at ease.

Comment

Working...
                                X