Wild pork recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild pork recipe?

Ok guys i have alot of pork that i need to do somethin with. What i plan to do with it was grind it all up and mix about 30 percent beef. Put it all in a bowl add spices diced jalapeno, and zesty italian dressing. Let it soak for a while. Make small patties and wrap them in bacon. Put them in a smoker for about 4 hours vaccume seal them and put them away for a great dinner sometime. Now i just wanted to know what you guys think? What would you add to the recipe or what would your ideas be with alot of meat like this?? Thanks!!

I think you should bring it all to me......... thats stuff is terrible and being such a good buddy, I'll get rid of it all for you

If I was at home, I have a ton of pork recipes. I will hook you up with some when I get back in my neck of the woods.

Comment

Cut it and bag it and freeze it! Then GET AN ELECTRIC grinder and thaw it out and start grinding it!!

Comment

Drenalin-Pm me or just call me when you get back home with those recipies. Im curious to know some others.
        Mag-Im gonna fix alot of it up into sausage and filet minons for the smackdown!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
          drenalin-pm me or just call me when you get back home with those recipies. Im curious to know some others.
          Mag-im gonna fix alot of it up into sausage and filet minons for the smackdown!!!!!
          awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is my personal recipe when I have lots of pork I want to cook/store and my friends and family rave about it...

I like to cut the pork into about 5# chunks, wipe it down with worchestershire sauce and cover heavily with dry rub, then smoke it for about 6 hours-8 hours at 210.

Then wrap tightly in foil and keep cooking till internal temperature is 195-200. Pull off the pit and let it rest (still wrapped) till it gets cool enough to handle.

Meanwhile, start making the jerk marinade...this recipe will do about 10 pounds of meat...

On the stove top mix...

1 can (46oz) pineapple juice
            1 jar (12oz) blackstrap mollasses
            1 jar (5oz) picapeppa sauce (I have to keep it mild for my family...you can easily double this)
            fill sauce jar with cider vinegar (5oz) shake, and dump that in...
            1 teaspoon cayenne (more to taste if you like it hotter, but I would caution about adding too much hot at this time...you can always add it later on your "personal" portion when you reheat it)
            1 teaspoon salt

Bring to a boil and then simmer till it reduces by 1/3.

Take two forks and shred the pork into a large ceramic bowl throwing away any fat/crisp edges,etc that remains. Pour the marinade over the pulled pork, mix it, and then pour the rest of the marinade in till the liquid is just at the top of the loosely packed pork....

cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least a day.

The smoked meat soaks up all the liquid and you end up with this awesome jerked pork that's smoky/sweet/spicy...warm it and serve on toasted hamburger buns ( I like to add coleslaw on mine)

Trust me guys...you will get absolutely RAVE reviews on this.

Put the leftovers in the freezer in seal-a-meal bags for quick week night dinners...
            Last edited by cosmiccowboy; 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X