Cowboy Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy Cookies

These cookies are crispy yet soft in the center. I make the whole recipe and freeze and take out what we will eat in a couple days. This recipe makes about 3 dozen when using a cookie scoop. ( kinda like a ice cream scoop with the thumb deal on it )

Cowboy Cookies:

You will need 2 mixing bowls for this recipe.

In one bowl add 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour, 1tsp of baking soda, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 3/4 tsp of salt. Whisk together and set aside. Turn the oven to 350 put 1 1/4 cups of pecans on a cookie sheet and roast for 10 minutes , chop to your liking and set aside.

In the other bowl add: 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1 cup of packed light brown sugar, 3 sticks of softened unsalted butter, with a mixer blended until incorporated. Add 2 eggs one at a time and 2 tsp of vanilla mix until combined.

Add the flour mixture to the wet mix and mix with a spoon until mixed well.

Now you need to add 2 cups of oats ( not the quick type ).

Add 2 cups of chocolate chips ( we prefer dark chocolate chips. It amounts to a 12 oz. Bag.

Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut ( you can do 3/4 coconut and 3/4 dried cranberries. That’s my preference.)

Now add the pecans and mix all that together.

Put in the refrigerator covered for a few hours.( I make the dough a day before, it makes scooping easier.

Preheat oven to 350.

Use the scoop and roll the dough into balls and place on your cookie sheet. Then take your palm and squash them, place in the oven for 15 minutes.

Cool on a cooling rack.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Kevin Smith; 06-03-2023, 12:48 PM.

Picture please

Comment

Pics x2

Comment

I don’t know how to post pictures here anymore, plus my stock is getting depleted, this is why I made another batch of dough today.

Comment

Wow. I haven’t thought of Cowboy Cookies in years!

I usually hate to mess with a classic, but I think that if I were making these today, I would change up a few things. Maybe I’ll make some tomorrow. If so, will take pictures, but manage your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            Wow. I haven’t thought of Cowboy Cookies in years!

I usually hate to mess with a classic, but I think that if I were making these today, I would change up a few things. Maybe I’ll make some tomorrow. If so, will take pictures, but manage your expectations.
            they are delicious, there’s a bunch of different ways you can go with add ins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
              they are delicious, there’s a bunch of different ways you can go with add ins.

My problem is that I’ve never fully grasped the concept of “less is more” and I might not know where to stop with the add ins. This creates no small amount of anxiety for me, and anxiety has no place in my kitchen.

I’ll probably just mix myself a cocktail and sit down until the urge to make cookies—any kind of cookie—passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X