Dinner tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner tonight

Grilled Redfish and Crabmeat with Lemon-Butter Sauce with Romanesco Cauliflour drizzled with olive oil on the side (forgot to mention this earlier). Delicious.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 05-03-2023, 07:42 PM.

Nice...and left room for a bowl of Bluebell!

Comment

Thatll eat!!

Comment

Originally posted by lostbrd View Post
        Nice...and left room for a bowl of Bluebell!

My husband and I were just talking about this!

My husband said the meal was so good and he ate so much that he didn’t even ice cream. This is good because…we’re out of ice cream! Now, I know better than this, I’m not even sure I know how it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What's your address? I'll head over

Comment

Looks Great!

Comment

That looks awesome! Would you please share the lemon butter sauce recipe when you get a chance.

Comment

Oh ya! Looks great!

Comment

That looks great! Us old farts call it supper!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    That looks awesome! Would you please share the lemon butter sauce recipe when you get a chance.

Happily!

Here’s the recipe for the whole thing. The Lemon Butter Sauce is at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      Happily!

Here’s the recipe for the whole thing. The Lemon Butter Sauce is at the bottom.

Thank you. I am not very familiar with using wine in recipes. What was your choice for this recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        Thank you. I am not very familiar with using wine in recipes. What was your choice for this recipe?

Honestly? I use boxed wine to cook with. i keep a box of Cabernet Sauvignon (red) and a box of Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay (white). I do this because I don’t drink a lot of wine so it makes no sense for me to open a whole bottle when I only need, say, 1/4 cup.

I do, however, cook with wine quite a bit. I add it to almost everything I make that is either a soup, a stew, or a sauce. (With two exceptions: I use brandy in all my cream sauces and Mexican beer in my chili). I especially like to use it if a recipe calls for deglazing the pan. I buy the wine in a box because the boxes have an airtight bladder that keeps the wine from going bad as I use it over time.

I encourage you to give it a try. I have found that even a small amount of wine can elevate a dish from good to great.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          Honestly? I use boxed wine to cook with. i keep a box of Cabernet Sauvignon (red) and a box of Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay (white). I do this because I don’t drink a lot of wine so it makes no sense for me to open a whole bottle when I only need, say, 1/4 cup.

I do, however, cook with wine quite a bit. I add it to almost everything I make that is either a soup, a stew, or a sauce. (With two exceptions: I use brandy in all my cream sauces and Mexican beer in my chili). I especially like to use it if a recipe calls for deglazing the pan. I buy the wine in a box because the boxes have an airtight bladder that keeps the wine from going bad as I use it over time.

I encourage you to give it a try. I have found that even a small amount of wine can elevate a dish from good to great.

thanks again! I really appreciate the information. I have always shied away from cooking with wine. I will give it a try and hopefully develop some tasty wine based sauces.

Comment

Can you open a restaurant already!?!?

Comment

Daaaang that looks good!

Comment

Working...
                              X