Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice ROAST there Roscoe

Comment

Only way I do my steak these days. Make sure you dry the steal before putting on hot grill to get a great sear. I also vacuum seal my fish with seasoning and sous vide then serve.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
        Looks good. Be careful adding raw garlic, I believe under certain conditions it can induce botulism when using a sous vide/immersion circulator. I think its best to either use cooked garlic, or to add the garlic when you sear the steak.
        I haven't heard this about garlic.. I will look more into it.. I have a co worker that is a sous vide master and ex pro chef.. I'll ask him and pick his brain on it

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I think I do pretty well in my cast iron on my pellet grill. I place a cast iron skillet directly over the fire pot and get it to 700+° surface temp. Make sure the tenderloin is patted dry and the skillet is dry (oil won’t hold up to that temp anyway). Comes out with a fantastic crust and I pull it at 125 internal; it only takes 3 minutes per side at that temp. I cover it on a foil pan for 10 minutes after pulling from the skillet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          That looks awesome Mike D!

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
            That's a really nice looking t-bone!
            Thanks Salty! Picked it at the grocery store.. couldn't believe one that looked that good was in the package and on sale!

Comment

I love Sous Vide steaks especially the leaner cuts. I've had less success with fatty cuts like T Bone and Ribeye. Looks like you nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                I love Sous Vide steaks especially the leaner cuts. I've had less success with fatty cuts like T Bone and Ribeye. Looks like you nailed it.
                The thing about the fatty(ier) cuts is that you have to go higher temp in order to get the fat to render some. Think you need to hold at 135, so you will most likely want to give it a quick ice bath or let it rest/cool before you sear it.

Comment

good tip

Comment

I’m a huge fan. I like to throw a little butter in with mine and run them at 130 for 2.5 hours. I prefer to let the steak rest for a few minutes once it’s out of the water and then I season a second time with S&P. 2 minutes per side on the sear burner and plate immediately. I have to order fish at steak houses now.

Comment

Working...
                    X