Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New favorite way to eat venison, Tikka Masala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco has a great jar tikka masala. We make it with chicken all the time. I'll give it a try with venison.

Comment

Great idea. I love Indian food, especially the sauces. Definitely going to try this.

Comment

That looks awesome and Tikka Masala is one of my favorites...

Comment

I agree with the vindaloo comment. Indian food can be fantastic...and If you have any speed goat or those mountain goat...a rice based biryani would be great. I have had it with regular goat and it tastes a lot like lamb. The “butter chicken” sauce is also great and would be good with venison as well I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            If it doesn't have curry in it, it might have a chance of being good. What little Indian food I've ever tried before tastes about as good as their music sounds.

Looks similar to carne guisada. I know Mexican food is better than Indian food, but maybe this would be an exception to that rule. Interesting.
            Music sure does suck, but I think the food is amazing, unfortunately we're pretty limited on Indian variety here.

You'd probably enjoy something like chicken tandoori and some garlic naan.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

I was just thinking about making some tikka marsala and was curious if using venison in place of chicken would be any good. You convinced me to try it but I think I am going to make the sauce.

Comment

My wife loves Tikka masala, I am just on the fence with it. I am in the IT consulting field and one of our teams at a client is predominately Indian women and they have a potluck every year for Diwali. Lots of very interesting foods, all home made and most of it actually very good and spicy. I was surprised I like it as much as I do.

Comment

Curry is nothing more than a spice blend. Same as garam masala which is the base for a masala sauce. They are different. If you don't like most curry's you MAY like masala.

Comment

That looks good!

Comment

Need to make it with the butter chicken sauce & Nann bread !!!!

Comment

Looks good. We make venison korma quit often. Served over basmati rice. Do not forget Greek yogurt s the topping. Sour cream work in. Pinch. It is Pretty good eating

Comment

Looks delicious, I like butter chicken but never tried Tikka masala.

Comment

As for anything the taste of Indian food is different. But for me, a good different. I love chicken tikka masala and have tried many different Indian foods. And oh yes, the naan garlic naan bread is a must. Just like slopping up carne guisada gravy with a tortilla. I'm sure this is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X