50ish lb pig need smoking knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50ish lb pig need smoking knowledge

I'm planning to smoke a whole 50lb ish pig killed last Friday for my guys here at the shop on Wednesday. Wanting to stuff it with all the fixings like potatoes, carrots, onions, etc... Has anyone done this before? If so please post how, I've only done half a pig w/o stuffing. Any advice is welcome!

Never done it but in to see how it turns out!

Comment

I did a 30 lbs pig last month. 180 on the pellet grill over night then kicked it up to 250 to finish off. It was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
        I'm planning to smoke a whole 50lb ish pig killed last Friday for my guys here at the shop on Wednesday. Wanting to stuff it with all the fixings like potatoes, carrots, onions, etc... Has anyone done this before? If so please post how, I've only done half a pig w/o stuffing. Any advice is welcome!
        I'd probably just smoke the pig whole and just smoke the other in a foil container in the smoker with a little broth, tuning occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          I'd probably just smoke the pig whole and just smoke the other in a foil container in the smoker with a little broth, tuning occasionally.
          This, and inject the pig with a brine like Kosmos.

Comment

Butterfly and smoke hog separately from vegetables. It sounds cool but it's way better when they stay apart.

Comment

I stuffed a 30 pounder with boudin it was amazing

Comment

what about injecting it with something like pineapple juice?

Comment

I smoke them all the time from little ones up to 200lbs. I like to put them on ice for five days or so then brine them overnight.
                  Smoke at 250 until internal temp of 170° or until the rear leg joint separates easily.

Never thought of stuffing one but it’s definitely worth a try.

Comment

Man hit that hog with Tony Chachere's Creole Butter, & Honey Praline Ham injection, dust it with some slap ya Momma, or Nu Nu's seasoning. Once that is done, Stuff it with your favorite sausage or rice dressing. You then put some minced or well chopped onions on top of it and cover the onions with Bacon...
                    Quiet a few mix drinks/8ish + or - hours later take it out of the Cajun Microwave, Smoker, BBQ pit, or how ever you cooking it and check the hog.. Slice it up and serve hot.
                    I accept appreciations in the forms of hunting & fishing excursions, bass pro shop & Academy gift cards.....LMAOOOOOOO!!!
                    I hope yal Pass A Good Time "T"!!!!
                    Last edited by Pauly G; 11-23-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly G View Post
                      Man hit that hog with Tony Chachere's Creole Butter, & Honey Praline Ham injection, dust it with some slap ya Momma, or Nu Nu's seasoning. Once that is done, Stuff it with your favorite sausage or rice dressing. You then put some minced or well chopped onions on top of it and cover the onions with Bacon...
                      Quiet a few mix drinks/8ish + or - hours later take it out of the Cajun Microwave, Smoker, BBQ pit, or how ever you cooking it and check the hog.. Slice it up and serve hot.
                      I accept appreciations in the forms of hunting & fishing excursions, bass pro shop & Academy gift cards.....LMAOOOOOOO!!!
                      I hope yal Pass A Good Time "T"!!!!
                      Listen to this guy^^^. Hadn’t met a Coon *** yet that don’t know how to cook!

Comment

Working...
                      X