No announcement yet.

Hooch wine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this evening I had timento siphon the brew from the jugs since its just over 3 weeks. I started with half a coffee mug of the red grape and its STOUT! Half the mug got a quick buzz,lol. I then moved to the apple and its pretty tasty as well. I think I may get some of it chilled down and take to my brother in laws tomorrow night. Man this has been fun and I hope to refine my new found past time real soon.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
      So this evening I had timento siphon the brew from the jugs since its just over 3 weeks. I started with half a coffee mug of the red grape and its STOUT! Half the mug got a quick buzz,lol. I then moved to the apple and its pretty tasty as well. I think I may get some of it chilled down and take to my brother in laws tomorrow night. Man this has been fun and I hope to refine my new found past time real soon.

What would you do differently if anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
        What would you do differently if anything?

Well at point I would say I would have put it in the fridge before i drank so dang much,lol. Heck i dont know, it tastes good and it has a kick. I just did this to show yall how dang simple it is and that with three ingredients and time it is possible.

Comment

I've made wine like this before for my wife. It tends to be sweet using bread yeast which is what she wanted. The yeast will die off when the alcohol gets high enough to kill it but there is still sugar remaining. A champagne yeast would raise the alcohol and end up drier fermenting all the sugar out. I used a gallon carboy and an airlock because I homebrew beer and had it, but your way works just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
            I've made wine like this before for my wife. It tends to be sweet using bread yeast which is what she wanted. The yeast will die off when the alcohol gets high enough to kill it but there is still sugar remaining. A champagne yeast would raise the alcohol and end up drier fermenting all the sugar out. I used a gallon carboy and an airlock because I homebrew beer and had it, but your way works just as good.
            It.was most definitely sweet. Im not surenif i want it to have any higher alcohol content. Two of my friends and i tore up a half gallon of it this week and BOY did it hit quick. Im not much of a wine drinker, but if there is ever a shortage of miller I have a back up plan. I think my next adventure will be to make some Dewberry wine from the berries I picked this spring around our hay pasture.

Comment

Haven’t tried making wine yet, but I’ve gotten back into beer home brewing this past week after a 5 year hiatus. I’ve got 5 gal of revolver blood and honey clone bubbling in my office!

Comment

I lost be airlock and carboy from my beer kit and tried to improvise last week. I'm pretty sure I made more mistakes as well becouse the vertical explosion had a blast diameter of 30'. I will have to repaint part of the ceiling. Live and learn

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I lost be airlock and carboy from my beer kit and tried to improvise last week. I'm pretty sure I made more mistakes as well becouse the vertical explosion had a blast diameter of 30'. I will have to repaint part of the ceiling. Live and learn

Pics? LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did this in my high school days in the early 70’’s. We used unsweetened apple juice. Good times, great parties.....at least the ones I remember. Lol.

Comment

Enjoying my first glass now. Went quicker than I thought so I left it sitting for a few extra days. Siphoned into a second car boy to let it settle out for another few days before I bottle it. Putting in a campden tablet to avoid an explosion... it’s really good I used tart cherry and red grape. Will be adding wine tannin next time.... and yes, it’s bone dry.

Comment

Have we had proof of life from OP since the 13th?

Comment

Of all the juices, which one tastes better with just sugar and yeast?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                            Have we had proof of life from OP since the 13th?
                            Im still kickin brother,lol. My neighbor and i were telling another neighbor about him blacking out on it that night we cracked the seal. I myself refrained from going all in like my friends, but i promise it worked the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              Of all the juices, which one tastes better with just sugar and yeast?

both the grape and white grape/apple have a good flavor, sweet and not dry at all.

Comment

Dang....interesting thread. IN

Comment

Working...
                                X