Dry Aged ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
    Home depot has some, but they're small and have glass shelves. I bought this one off of amazon. Kinda pricey, but perfect size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Do you need to season the fridge? Let it air out....That new fridge smell not so good for aging meat? This is my new favorite thread...

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
      Do you need to season the fridge? Let it air out....That new fridge smell not so good for aging meat? This is my new favorite thread...
      I took the racks out and cleaned with bleach & water. Let the fridge run a day with the salt blocks, and the new fridge smell was pretty much gone.

The internal fan, and the salt block, seem to be controlling the humidity. And it's in my office, so it's climate controlled. All the moisture sticks to the salt block, and then drips off. Not sure if I'm supposed to, but I've been wiping off the block every couple days.
      Last edited by Matthew; 11-27-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Put that sucker on the grill already! Looks killer!

Comment

I took the racks out and cleaned with bleach & water. Let the fridge run a day with the salt blocks, and the new fridge smell was pretty much gone.

The internal fan, and the salt block, seem to be controlling the humidity. And it's in my office, so it's climate controlled. All the moisture sticks to the salt block, and then drips off. Not sure if I'm supposed to, but I've been wiping off the block every couple days.
          Cool. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Where did you get the salt block?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              Where did you get the salt block?
              Amazon. $20

Comment

This makes me think about wet aging one. I really don't have the room for another fridge, but I have room in my fridge to store the meat in a vacuum sealed bag like I do steaks. The steaks I wet age are very tender after about four weeks. BTW, that looks amazing.

Comment

So I tried to buy one at Market Street the other night and the guy behind the counter said they have to have people specially trained to cut the rind off. What’s the story behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                    So I tried to buy one at Market Street the other night and the guy behind the counter said they have to have people specially trained to cut the rind off. What’s the story behind that?
                    1. Did you ask him if he’d been drinking?
                    2. Where do I find a licensed steak trimmer?

Comment

1. Did you ask him if he’d been drinking?

2. Where do I find a licensed steak trimmer?

I am a licensed steak trimmer, don’t you dare touch that meat until I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of the guys on our lease brings dry aged rib eyes. His butcher does them for him, for I think 90 days. It is absolutely the best eating steak I have ever had.

Comment

How have I missed this, In like Flynn! Looks like heaven so far OP

Comment

I'm definitely in for the final results

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

As ya’ll can see, these beauties are getting ripe. They smell pretty meaty/earthy, too.
                                Really wanting to split one open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X