No announcement yet.

Stop grinding deer shoulders- Mississippi pot roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s so good, you may start head shooting bucks to save the shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post

Shank and cubed shoulder. Wife is buying some baguettes at the store. Excited to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely lives up to the hype. Some hot Italian peppers and provolone cheese would have made this sandwich epic.

Comment

I guess I’m gonna be the negative Nelly here. It didnt live up to the hype imho. I might do it again, but it isn’t going to be a ‘go to’ meal.

To each his own I guess.

Comment

Had just killed two deer and made this recipe with deer shoulder for the first time. It was great. Vacuum sealed the other 3 shoulders for future Mississippi pot roasts. Yum

Comment

We do this with the neck roasts as well. I'm not a roast person but the neck roasts are amazing. I will be trying this tomorrow with a shoulder straight out of the ice chest!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

6:30 this morning.

Checked on her at lunch.

Comment

Man that was fantastic. Those peppers are great in there.

Comment

Tried a shoulder roast this way a few days ago- never will I grind one up again. It was delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                    Good recipe.

You can also do this with the shanks. Most people leave them on deer since they're full of tendons, but those tendons turn to jelly after a long cook.
                    I was gona mention Shanks...(Just don't shatter them when you remove, saw off...A couple times I did't have saw..Axed them off WRONG had bone splinters all in flesh...

Comment

This is all we do with beef roasts. I have a venison roast but no au jus. Trying to substitute with a beef rub and adding green chili enchilada sauce.

Comment

Update! Just had our first bowl... the green chili enchilada sauce added to it really made it fantastic. I recommend yall try it next time you make this. Keep everything else the same and add a 15 oz can green chili enchilada sauce. Thanks again for posting!

Comment

How long are y’all cooking venison in the crock pot?

What’s the approx cook time and cook temp if doing a doe shoulder or hind quarter in the oven and covered?

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

Starting this tomorrow morning and adding some pork meat to venison shoulder and deboned quarters. Hoping a 10a-6pm cook on low will suffice to get everything good and tender

Comment

On and cooking on low. The meat includes two bone in pork chops, the doe shoulder and a couple doe hind quarter roasts. Total meat weight is 6lbs. I added the green chili enchilada sauce into the mix, along with celery, carrots, onions. With 6lbs of meat, I put in 2 ranch dressing packets and left the au jus at 1 packet.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by DimmitCo; 11-30-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X