Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fajita Seasoning... Anyone Have Their Own Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fajita Seasoning... Anyone Have Their Own Recipe?

I like to make quick and easy Fajitas w/ chicken breasts or tenderized deer meat by sauteeing onions and bell pepper w/ olive oil then just throwing the meat in the skillet w/ everything. I've been using Fiesta brand Fajita Seasoning which is GREAT but I'm looking for a do it yourself recipe. One because I don't want all the MSGs that are in commercial seasonings, two because it makes things taste better when its a seasoning you mixed not something you just poured out of a can.

Anyone have their own recipe they want to share... Or even a commercially made seasoning w/out MSGs?

Fresh squeezed lime juice and garlic salt. I'm under the impression this was the first fajita marinade. I do venison a lot like this. Let it marinate over night.

Comment

I use a mixture of olive oil, sea salt, lots of lime juice, a little salt free soy sauce, and minced garlic.

Comment

I like fresh cracked black pepper, lemon pepper, garlic salt, and lime juice. The key is in the cut.

Comment

Are all of you marinating in the lime juice. I'm assuming this started because the acid tenderizes the meat. Does it give the meat a citrusy taste?

Comment

I personally don't like the lime juice flavor that it has when you marinate your meat in it. Thats just my opinion and I may have had to much lime juice but that's what the meat tasted like

Comment

I used to work for a company that mixed spices up like fajitas. Some sort of citric acid is usually always in there somewhere. MSG (monosodium glutamate) is an ingredent and you can usually find some seasonings with out it now a days. Try a few variations with Cumin, Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, onion Powder and cayenne. I like using the powered instead of grantualted garlic and onion cause it sticks a little better.

I've seen a few really good resturants and seasoning labels use soy sauce like Matthew said! I'd reduce the salt if you do that and they sell it in a powdered form too.

Comment

sounns good

Comment

Adams Spices

All I use are Adams spices. No MSG in thier fajita seasoning. To me thier seasonings taste fresher..but thats just me. The ingredients are the same as what people posted here...just citric acid instead of lime juice.

Comment

Cut up some limes soak for maybe an hr. grill then throw in the oven for 30 min.

Comment

Fresh lime juice and Montreal Steak seasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                        salt free soy sauce
                        Originally posted by jeremy360 View Post
                        just citric acid
                        Can you find these two things at a normal grocery store, or do you have to go some place speciel?

Comment

NOt sure, but dont think ive seen citric acid at the store.

Comment

Get a big bowl

lime juice
                            safflower oil
                            chopped cilantro
                            minced fresh garlic
                            salt
                            black pepper
                            chili powder

mix all this stuff up to taste, pour over your meat, let sit about an hour and grill!

Comment

go to your mexican meat market. already seasoned beef or chicken. beef is butterflied. will fall apart on the grill.

Comment

Working...
                              X