No announcement yet.

Venison Hamburgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a couple last night. Best venison burger I've had. Didn't taste the bacon with everything else on the burger but it was no where near dry!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
        How are you keeping your venison burgers together and keep their shape? Mine always seem to fall apart.

Looks great! Going to do some of these this weekend.
        Try mixing an egg in the meat. We grind straight deer meat. We don't care for bacon mixed in our burger. Adding some pork or beef fat while grinding helps it stick together too.

Comment

I have my processor grind 10% bacon into all my axis burger rather than using beef fat. It's awesome.

Comment

Venison Hamburgers

looks great! I ground up 10#'s of bacon axis burger on Sunday. I 70-30 mix with 3#'s being bacon ends and pieces. They were good on the grill. I might go a little lighter on the bacon next round.

You can really tell the difference.

Last edited by Stolle; 01-31-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

After I told my dad about adding bacon to the burger, he did the same. After cooking it, my mom told him the next time he killed an axis she wanted him to have the entire deer ground into bacon burger. She makes meatloaf, meatballs, hamburgers, and all kinds of other stuff out of it. They love it.

Comment

I'll bring the beer. When do we eat

Comment

I add bacon to mine as well as brisket rub and then put on the smoker at 300 for about an hour. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm GOOD. Oh forgot the pepper jack cheese.

Comment

I had the my last axis processed with brisket in the burger meat. That's the first time and it definitely won't be the last. It made the burgers so much better.

Comment

Looks good gotta try it

Comment

I like to put 20% bacon ends and pieces, and grind a jar of jalapenos into the whole thing.

Mix some ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and a little liquid smoke into it after grinding.

Usually make about 5 lbs at a time, turns out great. People who "don't eat spicy food" and "don't eat game meat" all love it.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                          I like to put 20% bacon ends and pieces, and grind a jar of jalapenos into the whole thing.

Mix some ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and a little liquid smoke into it after grinding.

Usually make about 5 lbs at a time, turns out great. People who "don't eat spicy food" and "don't eat game meat" all love it.
                          Great idea with the seasoning and jalapenos

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post

Winner winner burger dinner

Comment

Working...
                            X