X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left over Turkey??

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
    Skeeter here is the one I make.

Marinated chicken breast. We marinate in Italian Salad Dressing. Use as many chicken breast as you want. We use 3-4.

16oz Spaghetti cooked
    3/4 can of tomato juice
    1 pint half and half. I use about 3/4 of the pint
    1 whole onion
    1 small jar pimentos (combine onion with pimentos in food processor)
    2 lbs Velveta Cheese cut into cubes
    1 Can Rotel Tomato and Green Chili
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Place cooked spaghetti in large casserole dish. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. The hot spaghetti noodles will start to melt the cheese. Place dish in oven and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. I usually take it out once or twice and stir it.

The last time I made this I was in a hurry and bought one of the cooked rotesserie chickens and pulled all the meat off of it. I bought the Garlic and Herb flavored one and it was real good. I will probably do this from now on. Saves time and was dang good. Hope you enjoy.
    Will this recipe work with all that left over turkey we'll have next week???

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
      Skeeter here is the one I make.

Marinated chicken breast. We marinate in Italian Salad Dressing. Use as many chicken breast as you want. We use 3-4.

16oz Spaghetti cooked
      3/4 can of tomato juice
      1 pint half and half. I use about 3/4 of the pint
      1 whole onion
      1 small jar pimentos (combine onion with pimentos in food processor)
      2 lbs Velveta Cheese cut into cubes
      1 Can Rotel Tomato and Green Chili
      Salt and Pepper to taste

Place cooked spaghetti in large casserole dish. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. The hot spaghetti noodles will start to melt the cheese. Place dish in oven and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. I usually take it out once or twice and stir it.

The last time I made this I was in a hurry and bought one of the cooked rotesserie chickens and pulled all the meat off of it. I bought the Garlic and Herb flavored one and it was real good. I will probably do this from now on. Saves time and was dang good. Hope you enjoy.

Sounds good, how do I cook the chicken?
      I'm guessin you used skinless chicken?

All of these recipes sound great. Thanks.

Comment

going by the BOLD text, the rotesserie chicken is already cooked.

I made a similar recipe today, I boiled a whole bird, boned it and cooked the whole wheat pasta in the leftover broth.

I also used a "jar queso" instead of velveeta "cheese"

Im considering making the recipe with chicken gizzards only

Comment

Working...
        X