Fried oyster mushrooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried oyster mushrooms

Iv been finding a lot oyster mushrooms lately. I decided to dehydrate half of them and fry the other half. I fried these in panko and served them with hoisin sauce. They are good!
    Attached Files

I picked about 10lbs yesterday afternoon
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, but you should make some Shroom tea to drink with it lol

Comment

I wish I knew more about identifying edible 'shrooms. See a lot of them but don't want to wake up dead.

Comment

Chew if the mushroom bruises blue your in luck to wake up the dead Most of the mushrooms you normally see are either toxic or the kind you eat to see stuff. lol

Comment

Looks good!

Where do you normally find these mushrooms?

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
              Looks good!

Where do you normally find these mushrooms?
              you will find these growing from dead logs or trees. They usually start growing after cool weather followed by rain. Here a pic of oysters growing all the way up this dead tree. The bottom half of it was covered by reishi mushroom.
              Attached Files

Comment

I LOVE mushrooms, but like Bobby, I'm skeered to pick and eat any since I don't know how to identify the good ones.

Comment

Those fried suckers look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                    I LOVE mushrooms, but like Bobby, I'm skeered to pick and eat any since I don't know how to identify the good ones.

Yea it seems difficult to identify them, but there is only a few edible kinds that you can eat. If you ever run across one and want to know what it is, let me know and ill help you identify it. If i don't know what it is, i know someone who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                      Yea it seems difficult to identify them, but there is only a few edible kinds that you can eat. If you ever run across one and want to know what it is, let me know and ill help you identify it. If i don't know what it is, i know someone who does.
                      THANKS! I may take you up on that the next time I see some on our place.

Comment

Working...
                      X