Roast recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast recipes

I would like to see some roast recipes and ideas. No matter how slow I cook it I can't get it right. Let's hear some ideas

Here is a good one that I changed a little to fit my taste. I usually use beef chuck roast, and it's fork tender every time.

Comment

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ighlight=roast

Comment

Ok. Mine ain't perfect but I like it.

First I get a rump roast. Whatever size ya want

Then I use Adams Reserve "House" or "rib, roast, & steak" seasoning. Depends on what I can get. Season it like you don't want to see any meat.

Then I sear it in a cast iron skillet.

Once seared on every side, I throw it in a crock pot for 6-8 hours to cook. I add 32oz beef stock.

Then I take some of the drippings roast at the end and add to one can of beef gravy over a hot pan.

Should be alright after that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	24468706

Comment

In

Comment

I usually just sear the outside of the roast in a hot skillet with a little oil. Then put it into the crockpot, cover it with a Lipton French Onion soup packet and a couple cans of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup. Let it cook on high for about 6 hours. Should come out fork tender and serve with mashed potatoes. Always a hit at my house.

Comment

here ya go....best roast recipe there is. I think this is a called a Mississippi Roast. I have found that I like it better actually using a pork roast. I buy a boston butt and cut it into 3-4 roasts and use one of them each time. I cook this in a large cast iron pot in the oven. I've yet to be disappointed.......

2-3 lb roast
              1 stick real butter
              1 package au jus dry gravy mix
              1 package hidden valley dry ranch mix
              Potatoes (5-6 depending on size, peeled and left whole)
              Carrots
              Onion
              2-4 cups beef broth
              1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
              ¼ pepperoncini sliced peppers (easy on the juice with these as it is hot)
              ¼ cup Olive oil or regular oil
              2 tablespoons butter

Heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in your pot. I like to season my roast with some salt/pepper, garlic salt and seasoning salt (you can season however you prefer). Once hot, brown all sides of your roast. Remove from heat and pour the beef broth and red wine vinegar in. sprinkle the au jus and ranch mix over the roast. Add remaining vegetables and peppers to the mix. Finally….place the stick of butter on top of the roast and cover. I usually cook for 4-5 hours around 300. You could turn the heat down and cook longer if desired.

Comment

Thanks. Got some great ideas

Comment

sear the roast all sides. Cut small holes in some places stuff garlic in them. Put in crockpot add beef broth and let it go all day.

Comment

Throw roast in crockpot. Dump a jar of pepporcinis in. Come home from work and make sandwiches with French bread and add a little mozzarella to it.

Comment

I cook until I can easily push a fork into it

Comment

Start with rump or chuck roast Season flour and brown on all sides once browned put into oven safe pot with about half water in it. Add 2 packs of onion mushroom soup mix. And a sliced yellow onion. Cook 325 for 3.5 to 4.5 hrs with out a top. Or until fall apart tender. Remove meat from juice. Put pot on stovetop and add carrots and potatoes boil till tender. Serve with hot buttered rolls

Comment

Here's one I posted a while ago.

Removed the silver skin and then gave the whole thing a good coating of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Let it sit at room temp for about 90 minutes.

Started oven preheating to 250 degrees

In my cast iron dutch oven on the stove at high heat added a couple table spoons of vegetable oil and seared all sides of the roast till nice and mahogany brown.

Set the meat aside and dumped in about 20 oz of Home brew stout that didn't carbonate and was only good for cooking. (I would normally use red wine but I didn't have any on hand and needed to use up the stout) Scraped the bottom of the pan to get up the fond. Added the meat back to the pan and added Beef stock to just cover the meat.

Lidded up and parked in the oven for a couple hours.

When it was coming up on two hours I quartered up a large onion and seared it in some oil to develop color and flavor. Same with some carrots (but not the celery potatoes or garlic.)
                          Cut several stalks of celery and half a dozen potatoes as well as about 10 cloves of garlic (I like a lot of garlic)

Everything went into the pot. If you don't have enough liquid to just cover everything add equal parts beef stock and red wine. I added a bunch of basil and some parsley. I would normally use some rosemary but apparently I'm out of that too.

Back into the oven. I'm thinking 4-5 more hours. I'll salt to taste at the end.

Comment

Comment

Beef Chuck Roast, Chuck Roast, Chuck Roast, Chuck Roast, Chuck Roast, Chuck Roast

I like a Chuck Roast.

Did I say Chuck Roast.

Comment

Working...
                              X