No announcement yet.

Oven / cast iron steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season, sear, oven for 8 minutes on broil. Remove, rest 5 minutes on wooden cutting board. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I will have to try this way that yall are talking about. Sounds interesting, but I am typically in too much of a hurry. Maybe I will try it this weekend when I have a little more time than after work.
      Last edited by Nailhead; 08-18-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
        Oven needed to be hotter (I use the broil setting), cast iron should have been hot when you put the steak in it with butter and rest should have been un-tented.
        Rest is to keep the juice inside, not to keep warm.
        Another great point. I always set them put on a plate or cutting board un-tented between oven and sear.

To cut down on too much smoke in the house I like to finish them off in the oven. I move the rack to the top track, set on broil with cast iron skillet in the oven. Once extremely hot I throw the steaks in the skillet and flip after 1 minute.

Comment

I use the Lodge cast iron skillet recipe. Turn oven to 325, heat cast iron skillet for 5 minutes on high. Brush bottom of pan with vegetable oil. Season and sear 1 1/2 steak for 2 minutes on both sides. Place skillet with steaks in oven for 4 minutes. Let rest for 5 on a wood chopping block. Turns out great every time. Check out the YouTube video.

Comment

This looks good !

Comment

I use Gatorgars method, sear both sides in cast iron, 8 min in 450 oven with pat of butter on steak,
              Let rest on cutting board. In your skillet put finely chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, 1/2 stick butter and 1/2 cup red wine cook down. this is great with filet.

Comment

Take all the guess work out and souse vide to temp and then just grill or sear for color and caramelization

Comment

Working...
                X