No announcement yet.

Need some idea's...... squirrel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far tamales have been my favorite, but they're a pain to make. I try to come up with ideas for shredded squirrel. Where I hunt them I have to use a shotgun and there is nothing worse than biting down on a piece of shot. So I have to be able to pick the shot out.

Comment

Fry them like chicken, It taste amazing!

Comment

I plan on getting a couple and making poppers. I have made popper with rabbit and man is that ever so goooood.

Comment

Sauce Piquante !!

Try this
          Chef John Folse & Company is the parent company of several food related industries. From custom food manufacturing to a fine dining and bed breakfast, Chef John Folse & Company encompasses many aspects of the foodservice industry. From Lafitte's Landing Restaurant at Bittersweet Plantation to our manufacturing facility located on the river in New Orleans, Chef John Folse & Company's gumbo of foodservice venues continue to add seasonings to the pot. White Oak Plantation nestled in the heart of Baton Rouge is home to our catering division offering services in off-premise and on-site event coordination. Exceptional Endings houses our pastry division, which supplies savories to the regional CC's Gourmet Coffee Houses. In addition, Chef John Folse & Company's publishing division has produced 7 books in the Cajun & Creole Series and accepts titles from independent writers. Chef John Folse hosts a radio talk show called

Comment

Any other recipes? I’ve shot one with several more in my sights this evening

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Any other recipes? I’ve shot one with several more in my sights this evening
              Southern Squirrel fricassee over real grits

Comment

Made this a couple times last year, its good!

Comment

We used to have to eat what ever we shot, I shot a few squirrels, a few rabbits and didn’t care for them no matter how they were cooked. Now grouse and pheasants I will jump at the chance to shoot and eat.

Comment

Tagging for post squirrel hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by HTDUCK View Post
                      ^^^ This, but after browning, do not put the rib cages back in to simmer. They will come apart too quickly and leave you will a lot of little bones to have to contend with. Instead, brown the rib cages thoroughly and snack on them while cooking the remainder of the dish.

Comment

Smothered is good

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                          Smothered is good
                          Smothered is excellent. Now I'm hungry

Comment

Beef still isn`t high enough for me to start eating squirrel. LOL

Comment

Gumbo

Comment

I have to say.....squirrel and dumplings has to be my favorite!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X