My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Venison Carne Guisada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Venison Carne Guisada

I'm back, and I hope you're hungry because this Carne Guisada is calling your name! There weren't near enough leftovers of this dish. You may want to double it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	31 Venison Carne Guisada (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	25062810

Click here for the recipe: http://www.mywildkitchen.com/venison-carne-guisada/. And then start thawing a roast now so you can make it this weekend.

mark

Comment

Looks great! Our family loves this. We had desert bighorn carne guisada for Thanksgiving dinner a couple years ago. There were no leftovers. Axis is fantastic too.

Comment

dang!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Looks great! Our family loves this. We had desert bighorn carne guisada for Thanksgiving dinner a couple years ago. There were no leftovers. Axis is fantastic too.
          Bighorn sheep is one thing I've never had. Although I'm sure Coach would LOVE the excuse to go hunt it if I said I needed some bighorn recipes.

Comment

Dang it that looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
              Bighorn sheep is one thing I've never had. Although I'm sure Coach would LOVE the excuse to go hunt it if I said I needed some bighorn recipes.
              You definitely need some. I was kinda surprised by the bighorn. It was truly some of the best meat I've ever eaten. At least as good as axis.

Better start planning his hunt soon.

Comment

That will be on the menu later this week at casa de salth2o!

Comment

This looks fantastic

My brother & I made one similar last year with dove & it was awesome

Comment

I know what I'm cooking this weekend! Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

Carne Guisada

I love carne guisada.

We have it for breakfast at the ranch at least twice a week.

I have never had it with avocado and queso fresco, but I am a big fan of both.

I like mine with homemade pico de gallo. Mmmmm Good!

Thanks for posting Noel!

This is a great dish everyone should try.

Comment

Originally posted by TUCO View Post
                        I have never had it with avocado and queso fresco, but I am a big fan of both.
                        That's what happens when a white girl with German heritage makes carne guisada - she uses what she likes and what she has on hand. Next time it might be cilantro and Monterey Jack, or a little pico. There are no rules in my kitchen, so long as it tastes good. Except that you MUST use corn tortillas with carne guisada!

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post

That's what happens when a white girl with German heritage makes carne guisada - she uses what she likes and what she has on hand. Next time it might be cilantro and Monterey Jack, or a little pico. There are no rules in my kitchen, so long as it tastes good. Except that you MUST use corn tortillas with carne guisada!
                          I’m the same way Noel.

I use what I think will go good with the dish, or what I have on hand, and make it work.

You certainly come across some great flavor combinations that way as well.

And I agree; corn tortillas are the way to go.

I like to lightly toast mine on a comal right before serving.

Geez, now I’m really hungry.

Comment

I have a couple of roasts in the freezer I have been trying to figure out what to do with....now I know!

Comment

Made this last night and it was incredible!! And incredibly easy. Put everything in the skillet, covered, and put on low heat and cleaned duck decoys and weed eated for 2 1/2 hours. Came back in and added the water and flour and 30 minutes later it was ready to go!

I will admit I was a little skeptical on how flavorful it would be do to the lack of spices in the dish but the vegetables added more flavor than I could have imagined. I will making this again soon for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X