My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Garlic Butter Venison Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Garlic Butter Venison Steaks

We hadn't cooked venison steaks as just steaks in a long, long time. I think we nailed it. Fast and hot, and topped with garlic butter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18 Garlic Butter Venison Steaks (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	25058665

That looks amazing! Thanks

Comment

wow!

Comment

My new favorite site!!!

Comment

OH MYLANTA!!!

That looks good!!!

Comment

Looks great!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looks great! keep 'em coming.

I'll say it again though... you should add Boudin to your list of things to learn how to make and add to your blog. While people enjoy the stuff I make with wild game, it seems that the hands down favorite is boudin.

Comment

I love steaks cooked that way. I use butter instead of vegetable oil and basically blacken the steaks like blackened fish. Love cooking on cast iron.

Comment

Perfect timing! I plan on cooking some tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    Looks great! keep 'em coming.

I'll say it again though... you should add Boudin to your list of things to learn how to make and add to your blog. While people enjoy the stuff I make with wild game, it seems that the hands down favorite is boudin.
                    That is definitely on the list. We're still waiting on downtime to make sausage. It's been one crazy busy spring/summer, and it's about to get even crazier with a move on the horizon. So simple will probably be the plan for the next month or so.

Do you have a boudin recipe you want to share???

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                      That is definitely on the list. We're still waiting on downtime to make sausage. It's been one crazy busy spring/summer, and it's about to get even crazier with a move on the horizon. So simple will probably be the plan for the next month or so.

Do you have a boudin recipe you want to share???
                      I admit, I cheat somewhat in that I use a commercial seasoning mix from a butcher supply. I posted a live thread on here that outlined the process. A couple others have done the same using fresh ingredients.

I find the value in a food blog to be less about the recipe and more in demystifying the process by illustration, which by the way, you do an outstanding job of it. I will pm you some live threads for you to get inspiration from. And there is a Ragin Blaze recipe I have been meaning to try.

Comment

That sounds awesome, and thank you! With a blog it's ALL about the pics. (But the food still better taste good, too!)

Comment

So look what I found when I was compiling a list of good Boudin threads on there:

Yeah, I am an idiot!

Comment

It's there, but it's definitely an amateur's approach! I'm ready to become an expert!

Comment

One of the best steaks i've ever put in my mouth. So sad I've been missing out on venison steaks for the last decade or three.

Comment

Working...
                              X