My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Rustic Blackberry Cobbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Rustic Blackberry Cobbler

This is a great, simple blackberry cobbler using a dough style "crust." I'm hoping to make a few other styles to share as well if I can get my hands on my parent's vines this summer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	26 Rustic Blackberry Cobbler (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	25056300

If only I could buy some Blue Bell now.... This will have to wait!

Comment

I have tons of berries. Can't wait to try

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        If only I could buy some Blue Bell now.... This will have to wait!
        Amen. But Great Value has helped me cope. You could always make some homemade...

Comment

Please keep these coming. Your recipes are amazing!

Comment

Oh geesh. I need to find some berries. This is a craving that won't go away lightly

Comment

I love reading your recpies, but I don't get to hunt much and would love to see some recipes that everyone could use. I know there are subistutes but I'd like to see your subistutes. Lol!

Comment

You can pretty much substitute beef or pork for almost all of her recipes

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
                  You can pretty much substitute beef or pork for almost all of her recipes
                  what about nutria ?

Comment

Give it a shot and let me know. I'll try most anything once

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                      I love reading your recpies, but I don't get to hunt much and would love to see some recipes that everyone could use. I know there are substitutes but I'd like to see your subistutes. Lol!
                      If I ever used substitutes I'd let you know what they were, but this is literally how and what we eat on a nightly basis. I haven't bought meat since college, with the exception of chicken on rare occasions, and bacon. Like Coach said, ground beef can be substituted for any of the ground venison recipes. The roast recipes can be substituted with a store bought pork picnic roast or Boston butt.

If you need some more mainstream recipe ideas The Pioneer Woman and The Southern Plate have lots of good homecookin' recipes for store-bought meats. The Homesick Texan is pretty good, too, but some her recipes can get a little complicated with hard to find ingredients.

Good luck, and I hope you get to go hunting a little more often!

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                        Amen. But Great Value has helped me cope. You could always make some homemade...

Hmm, interesting thought on the homemade! Might have to look into that.

Comment

I am burdened with attempting to control feral hogs on a ranch near Belmont (Gonzalez County) and as part of my "pay" I get to pick all the dewberries I want. Unfortunately, it seems most of the vines are in the midst of prickly pear patches! But, I pick 'em anyway. Got a batch in the freezer and last week for my birthday "cake" one of my friends baked me a cobbler.

Now, one thing I have to say-these "cobblers" aren't the kind I grew up eating in SE Missouri, which had a top and bottom crust like a pie, with the juicy berries swimming in betwween.

Comment

That is actually my preferred crust method, and that'll be the next style I make. This one is much easier and faster, but if I can get any more berries that's what I'll make next. I especially prefer the crust style for peach cobbler.

Comment

Wow, looks great!

Comment

Working...
                              X