No announcement yet.

Smoke whole chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever rub you use, lather the bird up with mustard first the apply the rub. Works good on pork too. My main method and is delicious.

Comment

I do a dry brine, same thing with my turkeys. Why? I think it actually comes out tasting better and more moist then with a wet brine. Plus, you can keep the juices (if you want) and make a gravy.

2-4 days before I butterfly the chicken by cutting the spine out.

Lay on a cookie sheet.
      Place salt, whole pepper corn, whole all spice, sage, and dried time in a spice grinder.
      Rub down chicken all over, place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Comment

In

Comment

I use 1/2 cup of tonys per chicken. Cover with Coca cola and let brine for 2 days. Smoke using favorite wood.. i use pecan and mesquite cause its prevalent around here...

Comment

Tag. I need to do this next on my new grill

Comment

I like all these new ideas. I decided not to brine the night before, but I injected with Tony's butter then seasoned with lawrys outside and under he skin. Put the chicken in a bag in the fridge over night. Fired up the smoker about 1230 the next day, pull chicken out and smoked for about 3 1/2 hours. Used hickory chunks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Tried the one of the brines listed up top last weekend, turned out excellent will not smoke a chicken again unless I brine it over night. Did 3 birds quartered 1 for dinner and the other 2 we're chopped and shredded for chicken salad which did not last long with my 16 boy in the house.

Comment

Try apple juice with salt and garlic, makes a good brine.

Comment

Working...
                  X