Canning Peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canning Peppers

I planted a ton of peppers this year, and I'm hoping to can some. I've got Banana, Jalepenos, and Pimentos. Does anyone have an easy canning recipe they'd care to share? Thanks in advance!
    MB

I would like to know this also. Does anyone know what the San Marcos brand of canned jalapeños has in them spice wise?

Comment

tag

Comment

I stuff peppers in a jar with a clove of peeled garlic. Add a few dashes of salt. Boil some vinegar and dump it over the peppers. Seal jar immediately. Next day, enjoy crisp canned peppers.

Comment

This is Bowyer's Wife's recipe... I used it last year and it was easy and a hit..

Aaron Allen’s - Easy Pickled Jalapeños
          Makes 3-4 pints
          5 cups white vinegar
          1 cup water
          4 tsp pickling salt
          2 tsp sugar
          2 lbs jalapeños washed and stemmed and cut into 1/4 " rounds.
          1 carrot
          4 green onions ( white part only)
          9 cloves garlic

Prepare boiling water bath and keep jars and lids hot
          Combine vinegar, water, salt and sugar in stainless steel pot. Bring to boil then turn to low and cook till sugar and salt dissolve. Cover and keep hot.
          In clean hot jars layer 3 cloves garlic 1 green onion, 3 to 5 slices carrot. Pack jars tightly with jalapeños. Do not crush.
          Pour hot brine over to cover peppers. Tap jar on counter to get bubbles out. Wipe rims apply canning lids and rings. Do jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.

Comment

Thanks Fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
              This is Bowyer's Wife's recipe... I used it last year and it was easy and a hit..

Aaron Allen’s - Easy Pickled Jalapeños
              Makes 3-4 pints
              5 cups white vinegar
              1 cup water
              4 tsp pickling salt
              2 tsp sugar
              2 lbs jalapeños washed and stemmed and cut into 1/4 " rounds.
              1 carrot
              4 green onions ( white part only)
              9 cloves garlic

Prepare boiling water bath and keep jars and lids hot
              Combine vinegar, water, salt and sugar in stainless steel pot. Bring to boil then turn to low and cook till sugar and salt dissolve. Cover and keep hot.
              In clean hot jars layer 3 cloves garlic 1 green onion, 3 to 5 slices carrot. Pack jars tightly with jalapeños. Do not crush.
              Pour hot brine over to cover peppers. Tap jar on counter to get bubbles out. Wipe rims apply canning lids and rings. Do jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
              This is what I do, only I use whole jalapenos and boil them in the canner for 45 minutes.

Comment

Vinegar,jalapeño juice,and garlic

Comment

Working...
                X