Simple Crockpot Pot Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Crockpot Pot Roast

This is a simple crockpot roast that is really tender and good. It is also a tad on the rich side.

1 roast (beef, elk, venision, etc). about 3 lbs or so, with little fat
    2 packs of Ranch dressing mix
    2 packs of Au Jus gravy mix
    1 can of french onion soup
    6-8 peperoncinis
    Any other vegetables you like (I do carrots and mushrooms). I add the carrots in the last 2 hours, and the mushrooms in the last 1-1.5 hours.

Put the roast in the crockpot. Empty the packets of ranch and Au jus over the top of the roast. Pour the can of soup over everything. Place the peperoncinis around the roast. Set the crockpot to low, and enjoy once its done. I set my crockpot to the low 10 hr setting, and serve once its done. You don't have to add any other liquid if you don't want to (I don't). Serve with mashed potatoes (with the gravy from the crockpot), and whatever other sides you choose. Enjoy!
    Last edited by acc05R1; 03-08-2015, 08:42 PM.

[ATTACH]698918[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]698919[/ATTACH]

Comment

We made this again tonight, except I only added 1 packet of the ranch mix vice 2. This made is not as rich, and was still really good. I think that I will only add 1 ranch packet going forward. This makes excellent leftovers for lunch at work the next day. Hopefully I will be able to try this with an elk roast this fall.

Comment

I'm going to have to try it after looking at your picture.

Comment

I do something similar just:

1 packet of french onion soup mix
          1 can of cream of mushroom soup
          1 2lb roast

The peperoncinis are a good idea, I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
          X