Seafood Stuffed Backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmmmm. that looks so good.

we killed six deer this year and about 4 hogs and we are completely out of venison.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
      How'd it taste?
      Great. The other flavors (garlic, crab, bacon) all work with the venison. Plus whenever I grill it, I tend to overcook it and it turns to leather, this was tender.

I make it about an hour before our friends came over, so I was able to put it on the grill.

The friends (I work with him) were kind of amazed when I pointed out the antlers on the wall, and we ate some of the deer for dinner.

Comment

Looks great Bill! I like the garlic idea and will try that next time - maybe even a couple peppers as well. Chew, i just insert a skinny knife (like Bill's picture) and "spin" it making a hole in the center...

Comment

I did a thin cut parallel to the board, and then it opened-up when I stuffed the crab mixture inside. I didn't want to get too close to the edges, since with my luck the backstrap would have ripped open.

Comment

That sounds awsome!

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
              Looks great Bill! I like the garlic idea and will try that next time - maybe even a couple peppers as well. Chew, i just insert a skinny knife (like Bill's picture) and "spin" it making a hole in the center...
              I do a lot of BBQ cook-offs and this sounds perfect for the jackpot.

Thinkin' out loud...

Cut an Anaheim pepper in half, discard the seeds and roast it ahead of time. Then cut the roasted pepper up and mix it with the seafood. I'll give it a try this weekend and give everyone the update.

Comment

think ill try this one soon! looks amazing

Comment

ttt
                  Last edited by KingPin; 08-31-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Sounds awesome

Comment

I have a friend that does basically the same thing. However, he uses sausage for the stuffing. You can use whatever kind you like the best. He does his a little differently. He rolls his sausage out like hotdog and then freezes them the night before he is going to cook, you could make up several and have them on hand for when you are ready to cook. Anyway he cuts them just as this one calls for. Then he takes the frozen sausage and pushes then into the backstraps. It works out great.

Comment

sounds good.

Comment

mmm

Comment

i said praise GOD!
                              lol
                              amen
                              WILD BILL KATO
                              RED NECK MINISTERS FER CHRIST
                              24389 PARKER DR
                              PORTER TX 77365
                              281-883-6781
                              "OUR NECKS MAY BE RED BUT IT'S FROM THE BLOOD THAT JESUS SHED"
                              WITHOUT SUFFERING THERE WOULD BE NO COMPASSION

Comment

Just made this today, came out great!

Comment

Working...
                                X