EASY Crock Pot roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EASY Crock Pot roast

Hey Folks. Here's what I do for a roast when I don't want to babysit a smoker all day. I'm cooking one now and the smell has inspired me to share.

Ingredients:
    2-5 pounds of pork. (pork butt works well, but it'll work with any meat really)
    1 Stick of butter
    1 Pack of AuJus gravy mix
    Whole pepper corns to taste ( I use 6-8)
    1/2 Pack of ranch or onion dip mix
    A few shakes of Worchestershire sauce

Put everything in a crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours. Keep drippings from pot and mix with corn starch and maybe a little milk for gravy.

Sounds pretty good.

Comment

I love me some crock pot cooking. sounds good

Comment

My wife used this a few weeks ago and was the best crock pot roast I have ever tasted.

Comment

Tagged for the wife!

Comment

I use the same recipe. I usually sear the roast really well, sear the onions and carrots to get a little color on them, deglaze with some wine and add everything you said above. It kills my mom that I make a better roast then her.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
              My wife used this a few weeks ago and was the best crock pot roast I have ever tasted.
              Yep. My wife has done one like this twice and both times they have turned out dang good! She said it takes less than 5 minutes to put it all together. Sure makes the house smell good all day while it's cooking too!

Comment

I'm trying this one!

Comment

Tagged for when I'm about to go on a diet and want to eat a 5 lb roast by myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X